Frigidaire FAD504DWD 50-pint Dehumidifier
About this item
- Gets rid of excess moisture in the air
- 50-pint dehumidifier protects from mold and mildew
- Helps eliminate bacteria in the air
- Frigidaire dehumidifier with digital readings
- Portable design
The Frigidaire® 50-Pint Dehumidifier is a simple way to make the air quality of your space healthier. Its portable design makes it terrific for use in homes and offices.
What's a Dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier is used to maintain and lower the levels of humidity that's in the air. The appliance can be used in commercial, residential and industrial environments. Besides being used to prevent the growth of mildew, a dehumidifier will also get rid of musty odors and help to offer relief from allergens. There are models available in a range of sizes, including units that are used for storage warehouses, swimming pools and indoor ice rinks.
How Does a Dehumidifier Work?
Sort of like a vacuum, a dehumidifier will draw in air from a space, get rid of the moisture and expel it out. It features a collection tank that the vapor collected drips in to. The dehumidifier also acts as a refrigerator by cooling the air to remove the moisture or using absorption to lock the vapors onto dry material and remove it.
Types of Dehumidifiers
- Takes humid air out of a space, cools it and releases it back into a room
- This type of dehumidifier sucks in the air and then allows it to go through a desiccant material like silica gel that collects the moisture
- This unit has a sensor, as well as an exhaust fan to ventilate air outside. It can be used in crawlspaces, basements and attics
- Heat pump:
- This type of dehumidifier features a pump, a fan and heat exchange coils that help to expel moisture out of the air
- This model may work in either the refrigerator or desiccant styles. It's ideal for mid-size rooms, making it ideal for use in homes and offices
Why Should I Get a Dehumidifier?
Since dehumidifiers are designed to take the moisture out of the air, they can help to eliminate mold and mildew. They're ideal for areas with poor ventilation that also have high humidity. Musty smells, water stains on walls, mold spots on shower walls are some of the many reasons people decide to get a dehumidifier.
Why Choose the Frigidaire 50-Pint Dehumidifier?
With electronic controls, the Frigidaire 50-Pint Dehumidifier allows you to select the amount of humidity you want in a room. Its SpaceWise design features built-in side handles along with casters on the bottom, and a top handle for easily moving the unit from one location to another. This Frigidaire dehumidifier offers digital readings along with continuous operation when located near a drain. The filter is washable, as well as designed to eliminate odors, reduce bacteria and get rid of other particles in the air. Providing low-temperature operation, the Frigidaire Dehumidifier has two fan speeds along with an alert system that lets you know when the tank is full.
Benefits of Using the Frigidaire 50-Pint Dehumidifier
Because the Frigidaire Humidifier will reduce humidity, it makes a space more hospitable while reducing mildew odors. It runs quietly to not disrupt your daily routine. This 50-pint dehumidifier will help to minimize irritants like dust in the air that can affect your respiratory system. Since it's portable, the Frigidaire Humidifier can work in just about any space you want to place it, including a basement or home office.