Sam’s Cash™* is a game changer for your rewards. Members used to have to track Plus Cash Rewards and Sam’s Club Mastercard® Cash Back Rewards separately.
Now, it’s all Sam’s Cash™. Everything is in one place, and it’s easier to earn, track and spend.
Your available Sam’s Cash™ is automatically added to your account.
Inside and outside the club.
Sam’s Cash™ is all of your earnings and rewards now in one easy way to pay. Existing Plus membership Cash Rewards and Sam’s Club Mastercard® Cash Back Rewards are Sam’s Cash™ now. And soon there will be even more ways for all members to earn Sam’s Cash™ inside and outside the club.
Sam’s Cash™ is available to all Sam’s Club members. There’s no need to opt in. You can’t opt out of earning Sam’s Cash™, but you can choose not to use it.
You can currently earn Sam’s Cash™ with Plus membership and a Sam’s Club Mastercard, and new ways of earning rewards will be added soon.
You can use any amount of Sam’s Cash™ once it’s available in your account. There’s no minimum.
Yes! Sam’s Cash™ can be used for most direct purchases from Sam’s Club online, in club or in the Sam’s Club app, including Curbside Pickup and Scan & Go™ checkout.
No. It can only be used for purchases in club, online or in the app and for Sam’s Club membership renewal fees. You can also cash out your Sam’s Cash™ in club at Member Services.
Your available Sam’s Cash™ is displayed a number of places on SamsClub.com and in the mobile app, including on the main home page, in “Your account” and as a payment method during checkout.
No, your Sam’s Cash™ never expires.
Yes, only active members can spend Sam’s Cash™. You can still earn Sam’s Cash™ with the Sam’s Club Mastercard, even if your membership is not active.
When purchases are returned for refund, the earned Sam’s Cash™ is deducted from your total Sam’s Cash™ balance. This can result in a negative balance from time to time. Your balance will be positive again when you earn enough to clear the negative balance.
Not at all! Your Sam’s Cash™ stays in your online account, even if you don’t have your card. Just come to Member Services so we can replace your physical card. You also have a digital membership card in the Sam’s Club app that you can use any time, and you’ll see available Sam’s Cash™ as a payment option during online and in-app checkout.
- You earn 2% in Sam’s Cash™ on qualifying pre-tax purchases directly from Sam’s Club made in clubs (including Scan & Go™ checkout) and through Curbside Pickup. Sam’s Club Plus members do not earn 2% in Sam’s Cash™ from third parties, nor for online purchases (i.e., direct ship to home or elsewhere, ship from club, delivered to home or elsewhere, etc.).
- You may earn up to $500 annually in Sam’s Cash™ based on Sam’s Club qualifying purchases per membership year.
- When qualified purchases are returned for a refund, the earned value of Sam’s Cash™ is deducted from the accrual of Sam’s Cash™.
- Only qualifying purchases made by the primary member or complimentary household cardholder in a Sam’s Club location in the United States earn Sam’s Cash™. Sam’s Club add-on members do not qualify to earn 2% Sam’s Cash™ for themselves or for their primary member.
- Sam’s Club reserves the right to modify qualifying purchases as determined at Sam’s Club discretion.
Sam’s Club Plus members do not earn Sam’s Cash™ for purchases of the following:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Milk and certain dairy products
- Merchandise or services sold or provided on SamsClub.com, including those websites not hosted by Sam’s Club, even if accessed through SamsClub.com.
- Gift cards, including third party gift cards and eGift Cards
- Inventory, sales or services belonging to or offered by third parties (including, but not limited to, mobile phone contracts, extended warranty programs, travel, identity protection services, subscriptions, auto buying program, insurance, merchant credit card payment processing services, business payment solutions, service plans, delivery, etc.)
- Membership fees
- Prescription-related products, including, but not limited to:
- Prescription products such as prescription pet medications, prescription drugs and prescription medical supplies
- Prescription co-pays or deductibles
- Pharmacy purchases submitted to any health benefit program, pharmacy benefit program, insurer or state/federal government health care program
- Postage stamps
- Services and labor offered by Sam’s Club (examples: delivery fees, tire installation, Curbside Pickup fees, etc.)
- Taxes and fees (including sales tax, deposits, miscellaneous fees, etc.)
Sam’s Club reserves the right to add, modify or delete qualifying restrictions on product categories or products from the above list without notice.