Simple, flavorful and oh-so juicy. This meatloaf is a prize winner for a reason—especially when you personalize it with your fave toppings.
Brought to you by
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Press into 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour to medium (160°F) doneness until not pink in center and juices show no pink color.
- Let stand 5 minutes; drain off any juices before slicing.
Customize meatloaf by adding one of the following to meatloaf ingredients:
- 1/2 cup frozen (thawed) or canned (drained) corn
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- One 2-1/2-ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Sprinkle top of baked meatloaf with 1 cup shredded cheese. Return to oven for 3 minutes to melt cheese.
- Spoon heated prepared spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, barbecue sauce or salsa over each serving.