Favorite Oatmeal Pancakes
What's better than getting an extra fiber boost from oats in your pancakes? Customizing them to your liking with sweet stir-ins.
Brought to you by
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- For blueberry pancakes: 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)
- For banana pancakes: 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed, and 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- For apple cinnamon pancakes: 3/4 cup finely chopped apple, 1/4 cup chopped nuts and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For chocolate chip pancakes: 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In separate medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil; blend well. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not over mix).
- Add one of the stir-in options, if desired; mix gently.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F).
- Lightly grease skillet. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet.
- Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn only once.
- Serve & enjoy!