Best Banana Bread Recipe
This loaf turns into the perfect combo of tender and moist perfection. Have a slice and see for yourself why it’s the best we’ve tried.
Brought to you by
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute or 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar or heat-stable sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom only of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine oats and milk; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in mashed bananas, egg substitute and oil until blended.
- In large separate bowl, combine flour, sweetener or sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add oat and banana mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (do not over mix).
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.