Keyboards & Mice
Item prices may vary between online (for pickup, shipping or delivery) and in club.
Item prices do not include fees for pickup, shipping or delivery (if applicable) unless noted in the item description.
Logitech Advanced Mouse and Keyboard Combo(296)Average rating:4.4797out of5stars, based on296reviewscurrent price: $38.48$38.48Current price: $38.48Free shipping for PlusShippingPickupDelivery
Fellowes - Adjustable Standard Keyboard Platform, 20-1/4w x 11-1/8d - Black/Gray(11)Average rating:4.3636out of5stars, based on11reviewscurrent price: $99.98$99.98Current price: $99.98Free shipping for PlusShippingPickupDelivery
Logitech G512 CARBON LIGHTSYNC RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with GX Brown Switches(10)Average rating:4.6out of5stars, based on10reviewsMembers-only priceCurrent price: $0.00ShippingPickupDelivery
Logitech G502 HERO Mouse and G240 Mouse Pad Bundle(11)Average rating:4.1818out of5stars, based on11reviewsMembers-only priceCurrent price: $0.00ShippingPickupDelivery
Fellowes - Designer Suites Compact Keyboard Tray, 19w x 9-1/2d - Black(11)Average rating:4.8182out of5stars, based on11reviewscurrent price: $99.98$99.98Current price: $99.98Free shipping for PlusShippingPickupDelivery
Fellowes - Gel Mouse Pad w/Wrist Rest, Nonskid, 6 1/4 x 10 1/8 - Platinum/Graphite(53)Average rating:4out of5stars, based on53reviewscurrent price: $19.18$19.18Current price: $19.18Free shipping for PlusShippingPickupDelivery
Artistic - Rhinolin II Desk Pad with Microban, 36 x 24 - Black(6)Average rating:4.8333out of5stars, based on6reviewscurrent price: $54.98$54.98Current price: $54.98Free shipping for PlusShippingPickupDelivery
HyperX FURY S Gaming Mouse Pad Cloth XL (Black)(8)Average rating:4.875out of5stars, based on8reviewsCurrent price: $0.00PickupDelivery
The Best Computer Keyboard and Mouse Buying Guide
A keyboard and mouse are the fundamental peripherals that make a computer usable. This guide is intended for most people -- the everyday computer user at home or work who wants to upgrade their keyboard or computer mouse.
What Different Types of Keyboards Are There?
At Sam's Club, you will find various types of keyboards, including:
- Multimedia: Multimedia keyboards are designed with special keys where users access multiple programs with a simple touch.
- Mechanical: These are high-quality keyboards which are designed with switches under the keypad.
- Wireless: These types of keyboards are designed to allow the user to communicate with tablets, laptops, and computers with the help of Bluetooth technology, or radio frequency, or infrared.
- Virtual: Virtual keyboards allows the user to input characters in a computer, laptop, or a tablet without the need for physical keys. This happens via the touchscreen interface.
- USB: A USB keyboard connects to the computer via USB cable.
- Ergonomic: The artifact of an ergonomic keyboard differs in shape and is slightly broader compared with a standard keyboard. It has ergonomic considerations to reduce muscle strain and related problems. An ergonomic keyboard is suitable for a comfort desktop and two-handed typists.
- QWERTY: These keyboards are designed for Latin-script alphabets where keys are arranged on a standard English typewriter.
What Different Types of Mice Are There?
A computer mouse comes in various types. To figure out the best mouse to work with your PC, you must know the different mouse options. These are the major four computer mice you can get at Sam's Club:
- Trackball: The trackball mouse consists of a ball held by a socket. The user rolls the ball using fingers, a thumb, or the palm of your hand. With the trackball mouse, users have to lift their hand, thumb, or fingers to position the on-screen pointer.
- Optical: The optical mouse uses the light source, primarily LED and a light detector, in reading tabletop movement.
- Infrared: Infrared or radio frequency wireless mouse relays signal to the base station, which is wired to the computer's mouse port.
- Wireless: A wireless mouse, also known as the cordless mouse, is a mouse designed to connect to a laptop or computer without using wires.
What Features Should I Look for If I Use My Keyboard for:
A gaming keyboard is an adapted or advanced keyboard designed for gaming computers to optimize the user's gaming experience. You should choose the keys: either mechanical or membrane. Also, consider the backlighting. Furthermore, consider the programmable keys. The macro keys help gamers complete an action that could have taken longer to complete with a single click of a button.
Despite the hype about tablets and laptops replacing computers, the majority of business people are always glued and hooked to their desktops. The business keyboards are either wired or wireless. As you choose your business keyboard, also consider the battery life, system requirements, and the price.
For people who spend their lives at desks, choosing the best keyboard for your PC is essential. Consider the keyboard type, ease of use, and the price. More so, consider a keyboard with long battery life. You may decide to buy a backlit keyboard for easy access even under low light.
Multimedia keyboards are designed to streamline the music-listening experience. When choosing one, consider the volume control, background control, and track skipping features.
What Features Should I look for If I Use My Mouse for:
The latest gaming mouse features either optical or laser sensors. However, the laser is sensitive to the mouse pad, which may make it pick unnecessary information, leading to poor performance. More so, consider the resolution which controls how accurate and fast you can move the cursor.
Business mice come in several varieties. Choose from optical, customizable, ergonomic, and wireless mice. Furthermore, consider the price.
For everyday use, consider the weight for portability and how comfortable the mouse will be in your hands. Consider the scroll wheel and ease of navigation.
For multimedia purposes, it means you need a mouse that's comfortable to hold and offers you responsive and fast performance. Consider the buttons and portability.
What to Consider when Buying a Keyboard
Consider the following factors before investing in a keyboard:
- Keystrokes: Check the keystrokes before buying your computer keyboard. Check and test how it feels to use them. Some keyboards require extra pressure to use them while others have sensitive, soft touch.
- Compatibility: Ensure your keyboard is flawlessly compatible with the system. The wireless keyboard connects to your system via Bluetooth while others connect via USB ports. If you have an Apple computer, then get a compatible keyboard.
- Connectivity: Both wireless and wired configurations have their pros and cons. The wireless combo clears the clutter on your desk, and batteries power them. The wired keyboards are the most preferred for gaming. They come with chargers.
- Extra Keys: Most of the keyboards nowadays come with extra keys for music control, volume control, launching apps, and so on.
- Budget: The more the features a keyboard has, the higher the price. Choose a keyboard that suits your need. More so, avoid spending on things you don't need.
What to Consider when Buying a Mouse
- Hand Size: Before you buy a mouse set, ensure it will fit perfectly in your hands for easy control.
- Usage: Buy a mouse that suits your need. Mice come in various types, including gaming, everyday use, travel, business, among many others.
- Polling rate: Another key spec when choosing the mouse combo is the polling rate. It's a figure measured in Hz. It shows the number of times a mouse reports its position on a desktop. The high the polling rate, the greater the precision.
- Connectivity: When you're buying a mouse, you choose between Bluetooth or radio frequency models. However, Bluetooth is more convenient, and you can share a mouse between two or several computers.
- Mouse vs. Trackpad: You may consider a standalone touchpad instead of a regular mouse. However, the touchpad isn't suitable for image editing and gaming.
What Brands of Keyboards and Mice Does Sam's Club Sell?
Sam's Club is a hub of various computer accessories. We carry multiple keyboard and mouse brands including:
- Member's Mark
FAQ - Keyboards and Mice
What is the best keyboard for everyday use?
A full-size keyboard is ideal for everyday use. On this case, we find Logitech keyboards more comfortable due to handy features and premium designs.
Are gaming keyboards good for typing?
Yes. Most of the gaming keyboards are less noisy when typing.
What are the four mouse techniques?
These are techniques for using a mouse. They include clicking, double-clicking, dragging, and finally, right-clicking.
Do I still need a mouse pad?
These days, a mouse pad isn't necessary, but there are benefits of using one. The repeated motions of the plastic or rubber feet of the mouse against the desk surface might cause the finish to wear away.
Which finger is used for dragging the mouse?
If you use your right hand, use the index figure to drag the mouse. For lefties, use the middle finger to drag and click.