Item prices may vary between online (for pickup, shipping or delivery) and in club.
Item prices do not include fees for pickup, shipping or delivery (if applicable) unless noted in the item description.
Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer, Refreshing Gel (33.8 fl. oz.)(169)Average rating:4.89out of5stars, based on169reviewscurrent price: $7.48$7.48$0.22/foCurrent price: $7.48ShippingPickupDeliveryFree shipping for Plus
Purell Advanced Hand Sanitizer Refreshing Gel (10 fl. oz., 3 pk.)(51)Average rating:4.84out of5stars, based on51reviewscurrent price: $9.98$9.98$0.33/foCurrent price: $9.98ShippingPickupDeliveryFree shipping for Plus
Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes, Fresh Scent/Lavender (20 ct., 7 pk.)(20)Average rating:4.9out of5stars, based on20reviewscurrent price: $10.98$10.98$0.08/eaCurrent price: $10.98ShippingPickupDeliveryFree shipping for Plus
Purell Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer NXT Refill (1000ml, 8 pk.)(54)Average rating:4.98out of5stars, based on54reviewscurrent price: $94.56$94.56$0.23/foCurrent price: $94.56ShippingPickupDeliveryFree shipping for Plus
Alpine Industries Automatic Hand Soap & Sanitizer Dispenser, 2 pk. (Select Dispenser Type)(70)Average rating:4.77out of5stars, based on70reviews
Care Hand Sanitizer (64 fl. oz.)(1)Average rating:5out of5stars, based on1reviewsCurrent price: $0.00PickupDelivery
Wet Ones Antibacterial Hand Wipes, Fresh Scent (20 ct., 7 pk.)(211)Average rating:4.81out of5stars, based on211reviewscurrent price: $10.98$10.98$0.08/eaCurrent price: $10.98ShippingPickupDeliveryFree shipping for Plus
Best Hand Sanitizer Buying Guide
What is Hand Sanitizer?
Hand sanitizer is a waterless hand cleanser often consisting of an alcohol-based liquid or gel. The active ingredient in these hand sanitizers is ethyl alcohol or another kind of alcohol. However, hand sanitizer also comes in foaming liquids and alcohol-free liquids, and can even be delivered on hand wipes.
When do I use hand sanitizer?
Hand sanitizer is one of the most convenient personal care products because it can be used anywhere hand hygiene is required. You can use hand sanitizer almost anytime hand washing is required - after a trip to the toilet, before eating, after touching an animal, and more. Because it is waterless, it can be used in more situations than hand soap, such as in the car or at a desk.
Who needs hand sanitizer?
Hand sanitizer can be used by anyone ages 2 and up. Many schools and families use hand sanitizer regularly for children to stop the spread of germs since children touch so many surfaces. Healthcare workers and those who often shake hands or handle money may also choose to use hand sanitizer frequently.
Where are places to put hand sanitizer?
Among the places you frequently see hand sanitizer gel or liquid are:
- Bath or restroom
- Gas station pump
- Office desk or common area
How can I buy hand sanitizer in bulk?
Visit your local Sam's Club or SamsClub.com for members-only bulk hand sanitizer values on mini hand sanitizer, gel hand sanitizer, foam hand sanitizer, instant hand sanitizer, and more.
What Different Types of Hand Sanitizer Are There?
Hand sanitizer comes in many different consistencies, and in many different container types.
- Bottles of hand sanitizer: This is one of the most common types of hand sanitizer. It generally has ethyl alcohol as the top active ingredient.
- Sanitizing wipes and cloths: Hand wipes with sanitizer can be used with children. These are often used by parents with children, but can also be individually wrapped packers at restaurants or canisters like you often see as shopping cart wipes at grocery stores.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers and dispenser refills: These janitorial solutions are often found in restaurants and commercial settings. The dispensers and refills work like hand soap dispensers and refills, but provide a waterless solution for hand personal care. Some dispensers offer foam hand sanitizer instead of the typical hand sanitizer gel.
- Hand sanitizer pumps: Larger hand sanitizing solutions with a handy pump for high traffic areas. These large containers give you a greater value and require replacement or refills less often. They can be used in public spaces or as household products.
- Sanitizing hand soaps: Hand soap can provide sanitizing qualities, as long as you use them to wash their hands with water. The advantage of hand soap is that it may feel more moisturizing on hands that are frequently washed.
- Alcohol-free hand sanitizer: Some people prefer alcohol-free hand sanitizer. This includes many organic solutions. Note that alcohol-free solutions may not kill germs as completely as traditional hand sanitizer.
What Sizes of Hand Sanitizer Can I Choose?
Besides traditional bottles, there are other sizes of hand sanitizer that many people find useful.
- Bulk hand sanitizer: Buying packs of hand sanitizer bottles from Sam's Club allows you to protect yourself and your family from germs without having to make frequent purchases.
- Hand sanitizer for public use: This includes large pumps for classrooms or sales counters, as well as janitorial-stocked dispensers and hand sanitizer refills in restrooms, kitchens, and other high-traffic public areas.
- Mini hand sanitizer: Travel size hand sanitizer with a flip top may work well when stored in the car or in a purse. These may be hand sanitizer gels or sprays. You can even get hand sanitizer gel in a bracelet or in a bottle that can be hooked to a purse or stroller for added convenience.
What to Consider when Buying Hand Sanitizer
- Ingredients: Do you prefer an alcohol-free hand sanitizer or green certified hand sanitizer? Do you want your hand sanitizer to include vitamin E? Or are you content with active ingredients like ethyl alcohol or isopropyl alcohol? Do you want a hand sanitizer with aloe?
- Consistency: Do you prefer a gel, foam, or spray?
- Where you will use hand sanitizer: Are you in a bathroom, office, kindergarten classroom, or some other setting with unique hand sanitizer use needs?
- Who will use hand sanitizer: Do you plan on using hand sanitizer frequently with your children? Do you need a stronger hand sanitizer because of what you touch frequently?
- Size of hand sanitizer: Do you need a travel size or hand sanitizer spray that fits anywhere? Or a large pump bottle because of frequent use?
- Scents: Do you want the traditional synthetic fragrances, unscented hand sanitizer, a citrus scent or other aroma?
- Price: Where can you get the best value on the hand sanitizer you need? Do you need a bulk hand sanitizer value or prices on individual hand sanitizer bottles?
What Brands of Hand Sanitizer Does Sam's Club Sell?
Purell leads the best sellers of hand sanitizer brands, and SamsClub.com offers a wide array of Purell products in a variety of sizes and bulk offerings. Here is a snapshot of the wide array of hand sanitizing products Sam's Club offers:
- Purell instant hand sanitizer bottles, gel-filled bracelets, pumps, sanitizer wipes, dispensers, and refills; healthy soap
- Germ-Away antibacterial hand wipes
- Members Mark hand sanitizer gel pump
- Germ-X antibacterial hand wipes, germ-free foaming hand sanitizer
- Marathon hand sanitizer dispensers and refills
- Kleenex gentle wet wipes
- Live Clean hand soap
FAQ - Hand Sanitizer
Does hand sanitizer really work?
Yes! Recent Food and Drug Administration guidelines ensure that all current hand sanitizer brands on the market provide protection against germs.
Does hand sanitizer kill the flu virus?
Hand sanitizer has been effective in killing strains of flu virus in recent years. It may not kill all viruses (such as norovirus), so make sure to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations about hand washing if there is a specific outbreak in your area.
Which brand of hand sanitizer works best?
Purell is the most popular brand of hand sanitizer. However, alcohol-free hand sanitizer may not be as effective as brands with alcohol as an active ingredient.
Where to buy hand sanitizer
You can buy Purell hand sanitizer, alcohol-free hand sanitizer, and many other hand sanitizer options at Sam's Club or SamsClub.com.