TV Stands & Mounts
Clear all selections to show more results.
Choosing TV Stands and TV Mounts
Are you looking for television stands to replace your old stand or a new one for your brand new flat screen television? Then you’ve come to the right place; we can help you find a TV stand or mount that will be perfect for your viewing pleasure. There are different types of TV stands available, but it is important to choose the right type of stand for your television. TV stands and mounts are not only important for aesthetic reasons but also to play a vital role in protecting your television by giving it some sturdy support. Before you purchase a TV stand or mount, consider the following factors:
The size of your TV is one of the most important factors you should consider before you start browsing for stands. Check the overall size of your TV, not just your TV’s screen size. This includes the length and the depth of the TV. It also helps to know the weight of your TV, especially if you plan to mount it.
Budget for TV Stands
Keep a budget in mind. TV stands at Sam’s Club come in a wide range of prices, so it becomes easy for you to select from stands that fall into your budget and purchase the TV stand or mount that’s right for you.
TV Stand or TV Mount?
Decide whether or not you want to mount your TV to narrow down your search. There are different types of TV mounts available, so you can choose the right one according to your TV model and make. If you’re planning to place your TV on a floor stand, then check the height of the stand to see if it’s at a comfortable viewing position and height for your seating arrangement.
Organize Electronic Equipment
TV stands are great in helping you organize your entertainment paraphernalia, including cables, a DVD player, home theatre system, and gaming console. When looking for TV stands, keep in mind the amount of storage space you will need to accommodate your other electronic equipment and cables.
Types of TV Stands
TV stands come in a wide variety of styles designed to suit the type and model of the TV, the décor of the space where you plan to place it, and varying amounts of storage space. The appearance and kind of material you prefer in TV stands, however, is a matter of personal taste. A TV stand can be made of metal, glass, wood, aluminum, or a combination of these materials. Some types of TV stands include:
- Cabinet TV stands, which make it easier to store additional pieces of electronic equipment, or even movies and games.
- Swivel TV stands, which allow for greater flexibility to turn the TV to a comfortable viewing angle.
- Corner TV stands, which reduce the footprint of your television within the room.
- Open shelf TV Stands, in which your TV can be placed in a modern open air design with shelves below for DVD players and other digital equipment.
TV stands come in all shapes, styles, and sizes. Whether you’re looking for a stand for your home or office, you’ll need to select one that will accommodate your television safely and securely. Regardless of what type of TV you have or plan to buy, you can find TV stands at Sam’s Club that will be not only be a perfect fit for your TV but also fit into your budget.
What elements should I consider regarding my television mount purchase?
- The surface the mount will be attached to.
- The weight of your television.
- Aesthetic infringement.
- Allowance of space.
- Intended desire of screen movement and angles.
- The height of the viewing screen once attached.
- Think about hiring a professional to install your television wall mount to ensure efficiency and safety.
Aren’t most television wall mounts universal?
That statement is not entirely true. Look for the phrase, “VESA Compatible.” This refers to an industry standard which indicates universal usage across brands and models. If a particular TV mount is not VESA compatible, then it may warrant the purchase of an adapter plate.
What kinds of television wall mounts are available?
Before describing the different varieties of wall mounts it is advised to keep in mind the weight of the television. TV mounts have different thresholds regarding a television’s weight. It is better to be safe and go for a stronger television mount. Exact specifications can vary amongst individual models and manufacturers.
Articulating wall television mounts
Adjustable TV mounts have an arm with three hinged points – at the base, the center, and in the rear of the mount plate. The mount can be locked in place or allow for a television to be moved into multiple positions.
- Estimated to hold anywhere up to 200 lbs.
- Can hold screen 3”-70”away from wall.
- Offers variety of viewing angles.
- Allows for many screen sizes and weights.
Fixed television mounts
Fixed TV mounts do not have an arm. The television is set directly on the mount and can be moved from side to side. The angle of the television allows for little adjustment.
- Estimated to support up to 200 lbs.
- Can hold screen 1”-2” away from wall.
- Offers few viewing angles.
- Offers least amount of distance between wall and television.
Tilt wall television mounts
Tilt TV wall mounts are very similar to flat wall mounts, yet allows for a downward slope angle.
- Estimated to support up to 280 lbs.
- Can hold screen 2”-4” away from wall.
- Optimal for screens set above head level.
Ceiling television mounts
Ceiling TV mounts consist of a pole that can be mounted to a ceiling beam or wall connector. The mount allows for television adjustment similar to that of a tilted wall mount.
- Estimated to support up to 175 lbs.
- Offers a 360-degree rotation when fixed permanently.