The Prevention Plan from U.S. Preventive Medicine
About this itemLive better and save money with this personalized program to help you understand and tackle health risks, prevent future risks from developing and increase your wellbeing and vitality for more good years®.
See how The Prevention Plan works.
Your health affects so many areas of your life and business over time: how long you work, how much you pay for medical expenses, quality time with family and friends and how much you enjoy life.
Now individuals and small businesses can benefit from a one-year subscription to The Prevention Plan, a personalized, step-by-step health improvement program to help you understand and improve your health risks.
Losing weight may reduce your risk for high blood pressure, Type 2 diabetes, stroke and heart disease.
Smoking causes coronary heart disease, the leading cause of death in the United States. Smoking causes 90% of all lung cancer deaths in men and 80% of all lung cancer deaths in women. Not to mention those who smoke one pack a day would save over $2,000 a year by quitting.
Lower Your Blood Pressure
Controlling high blood pressure, also known as hypertension, may reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, and kidney disease. High blood pressure was a primary or contributing cause of death for 326,000 Americans in 2006.
Prevent the Onset of Type II Diabetes
As one of the leading causes of death and disability, there are many benefits to preventing or reducing your risk of Type II Diabetes. The disease often leads to blindness, heart and blood vessel disease, stroke, kidney failure, amputations and nerve damage.
The healthier you are, the more you can save in health insurance premiums, copays and other out-of-pocket costs.
Employers, whether or not you provide health insurance to your employees, The Prevention Plan is a cost-effective way to help them to maintain or improve their health and increase productivity while at work.
The Prevention Plan Personalized Program Includes:
- Annual subscription to The Prevention Plan web-based program
- Comprehensive online Health Risk Assessment
- Extensive blood panel at a Quest Diagnostics® Patient Service Center including 25 results* for cholesterol (heart), fasting blood glucose (diabetes), liver, kidney and thyroid function, bones, and fluids and electrolytes.
- Residents of NY, NJ and RI receive an At-Home Blood Screening Test with results including cholesterol (total, HDL, LDL, triglycerides, HDL/LDL ratio, cholesterol/HDL ratio), calculated blood glucose and Hemoglobin A1c (diabetes)
- Personalized Prevention Plan that explains and prioritizes your health risks and recommends the steps you should take to improve your health
- More than 20 online education programs to help you achieve your health goals like: lose weight, quit smoking, control or reverse diabetes, lower blood pressure, eat healthier, manage stress, prevent depression, reduce back pain, control cholesterol and more
- 2 online or telephonic health coaching sessions to keep you motivated
- Recommended prevention screenings, schedule and alerts based on age, gender and risks
- Confidential Personal Health Record to store and manage your private health information
- Robust health library, weight loss guide and tracker, BMI and fitness calculators, health animations and news, symptom checker, meal planners and condition support journals
- Personal Prevention Score roadmap to track your progress and motivate you over time
- Physician Summary for your doctor and a detailed Member Report for your future reference
- 24/7 Nurse Line
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (8+ recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox 2 (3+ recommended)
- Google Chrome 2 or higher (8+ recommended)
- Safari 4 (5+ recommended) for Mac
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
- Adobe Flash Player 8.0 or higher
- Adobe Reader 7 or higher
- Cookies must be enabled
- Membership is valid for 12 months following the date of registration and is available to ship to all 50 states, Puerto Rico and APO/FPO addresses
- Member will receive a Getting Started package with complete instruction and an Individual Identification number to activate the subscription
- The Prevention Plan subscription may be purchased and used by the Member or by any person receiving the Getting Started package
- Completely private and confidential
- An Internet connection is required to access the program
- Currently only available in English
- Limit one At-Home Blood Test Kit per annual subscription
- Active participation in your Prevention Plan subscription automatically enters you into drawings for rewards, prizes, cash and more
For questions or concerns regarding this product, please visit www.ThePreventionPlan.com or call The Prevention Plan Member Care at 866.713.1180.
Member reviews & questions
Ask & Answer
Policies & plans
Standard - 2 to 6 business days
USPM will accept a return of a purchased Membership within sixty (60) days of the date of purchase (with appropriate proof of purchase) or before the Member has activated and registered the Membership, whichever shall first occur.