Professional Carbon Steel Stir Fry Pan - 12"
- $ 14 27 14.27
About this item
The new "easy-grip" silicone handle is a combination of traditional wood and a silicone sleeve, which provides a soft, comfortable grip. The benefit of cooking with a stir fry pan is that it heats quickly and distributes the heat exceptionally well. Use it for family-size stir fries as well as steaming, braising, and deep frying.
- Features new "easy-grip" silicone handle, which is a combination of traditional wood and a silicone sleeve
- Each wok includes a 12" Professional Carbon Steel Wok in traditional or non-stick finish
- Wash the wok in hot water with a small amount of liquid detergent and a scrubber (such as a stainless steel sponge or pad)
- If needed, scrub the exterior of the wok with the scrubber and an abrasive cleanser - do not use the abrasive cleanser on the inside of the wok
- Rinse the wok and dry thoroughly
- Place the wok on high heat
- Move the wok, turning it and tilting it up to the rim and back, until the metal turns a bluish-yellowish color
- Remove the wok from the stove element and turn the heat down to medium-low
- Add a thin film of oil (about 1 1/2 teaspoons) over the entire inside surface of the wok. There are several ways to do this. One is to use a paper towel to rub the oil over the surface. You may want to use tongs to hold the paper towels. Another way is to use a basting brush for barbecues or any other heat-proof brush to brush on the oil.
- Heat the wok on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes
- Wipe off the oil with another paper towel - there will be black residue on the towel
- Repeat the last 3 steps until no black residue comes up on the paper (about 3 times)
- The wok is now ready to use
- Flat-bottomed woks are better for electric ranges - round-bottomed woks can reflect heat back on the heating element, damaging it
- It is important to thoroughly clean the wok to remove the manufacturer's protective coating
- It is better not to purchase a non-stick carbon steel wok, as the high heats required for Chinese cooking may damage the non-stick coating
- If you do purchase a non-stick wok, follow the seasoning and cleaning instructions carefully, or you may damage the coating