Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator & Package
- $ 1,199 00 1199.00
- Price includes shipping
About this item
Click Here to watch a short video about the Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator
This complete defibrillator package is designed with everything you need to help save a life. The bonus package includes the HeartStart Home Defibrillator, red carry case with 911/EMS card, Adult Smart Pads cartridge, battery, training video, discount coupons for CPR training at American Heart Association, American Red Cross or Medic First Aid, practice pads and 'flatman' (practice victim), American Red Cross First Aid Kit and a wall mount bracket.
The Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator is the first and only home defibrillator available over-the-counter. Unlike other home defibrillators on the market, you do not need a prescription to purchase HeartStart, which means it is considered safe and easy to use by virtually anyone.
Brought to you by Philips, the worldwide leader in portable defibrillators on airplanes and in airports, workplaces, communities and homes. The award-winning HeartStart Home Defibrillator has been designed so that nearly anyone can use it to help save the life of a person who suffers a sudden cardiac arrest (SCA).
When SCA strikes, the electrical system of the heart short circuits, causing the heart to quiver rather than pump in a normal rhythm. It typically results in the abnormal heart rhythm known as ventricular fibrillation (VF). It usually happens without warning, and the majority of people have no previously recognized symptoms of heart disease. And it most often happens at home. For the best chance of survival from SCA caused by VF, a defibrillator should be used within five minutes. Yet, fewer than one in 20 people survive largely because a defibrillator does not arrive in time.
Just as seat belts and airbags do not save every life in a traffic accident, a defibrillator will not save every person who suffers a sudden cardiac arrest. Yet many lives could be saved if more people could be reached more quickly.
Clear, calm voice instructions talk you through each step. HeartStart senses and adapts the instructions based on your actions. Using sophisticated technology, HeartStart quickly analyzes a patient's heart rhythm and determines if it is shockable. Designed for safety, it will only treat shockable heart rhythms. It will even coach you through the steps of CPR.
Like other essential safety equipment, you buy HeartStart hoping that you never have to use it. Yet in that moment you need it, HeartStart must be ready. It performs comprehensive daily self-tests. You can check its status at a glance. Virtually no maintenance is required.
Indications for use:
HeartStart is used to treat victims of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), who are not responsive and not breathing normally. If in doubt apply the pads. Treat the most common cause of SCA be delivering a shock to the heart. Use the HeartStart and CPR, as needed, until emergency professionals arrive.
- You cannot use the HeartStart to treat yourself
- Users may need to perform CPR
- Responding to cardiac arrest may require you to kneel
- Voice instructions and enclosed materials are in English
- HeartStart provides audible and visible indicators if the device requires maintenance
If you have concerns about your health or an existing medical condition, talk to your doctor. A defibrillator is not a replacement for seeking medical care.
Source: Frost & Sullivan
- First and only home defibrillator available over-the-counter
- Can be used by virtually anyone with the materials included
- Easy-to-use guided interactive voice instructions
- Senses and adapts to your actions
- Provides CPR coaching
- Based on industry-leading technology
- Only treats shock able heart rhythms
- Runs daily self-tests for readiness
- Virtually no maintenance needed
- Ready to use when you need it
- HeartStart comes with everything you need to be ready to help save a life
- HeartStart Home Support Program – By enrolling in this included program, you will have access to a range of services, including important notifications about HeartStart, customer service, Periodic accessory reminders, and post-use counseling.
- An Infant/Child Smart Pads cartridge to treat children under age 8 or weighing less than 55 lbs. is sold separately by prescription. Contact Philips at 1-866-333-4246 for more information or to order.
- Be prepared with this comprehensive first aid kit for the family
- Includes the essential first aid items for treating cuts, scrapes, burns and other emergencies
- When installed in the HeartStart, these special-purpose, reusable pads suspend its ability to deliver a shock and activate its training mode
- A practice mat comes with the pads
- HeartStart's voice instructions, including CPR coaching, will be appropriate for treating the simulated patient
- This sleek silver bracket enables you to conveniently store your HeartStart Home
- Philips HeartStart Home Defibrillator
- Red carry case with 911/EMS card
- Adult Smart Pads cartridge (lasts 2 years)
- Battery (lasts 4 years)
- Training video
- Discount coupons for CPR training at American Heart Association, American Red Cross or Medic First Aid
- Practice pads and 'flatman' (practice victim)
- American Red Cross First Aid Kit
- Wall mount bracket