Trade-in and Recycle Program
Turn in your used PC and more
Do you want to recycle an old monitor? Or trade-in an iPod? We make it easy through our Trade-in and Recycle Program. If you‘re a Sam‘s Club Member, you can trade in qualified used electronics items. In exchange, we‘ll give you a Sam‘s Club gift card for the value of your item. If your item doesn‘t qualify, we‘ll help you recycle it.
Follow these simple steps:
- Visit www.econewonline.com/samsclub.
- Enter details about the electronic item you want to trade-in.
- Find out whether your item qualifies as a trade-in.
- If your item qualifies, ecoNEW, a company we‘re partnering with, will tell you the trade-in value.
- Learn how to recycle items without trade-in values.
- Follow packaging instructions for your trade-in or recyclable item.
- Receive a Sam‘s Club gift card in the mail for items with trade-in values.
Model Green Club
Going green in Fayetteville
As a large retailer, we‘re working to find ways to reduce our environmental impact. We built our Fayetteville Sam‘s Club as an experimental model for sustainable practices. We plan to implement our successes in new and existing Clubs.
- This Club is built of nearly 100% recycled structural steel that can be reused at the end of the building‘s life
- The Club uses LED lighting in freezers, jewelry counters and exterior signs to save energy
- Light levels are reduced by over 50% while the Club is unoccupied
- Site design protects endangered species and local habitat
- Rooftop rainwater is collected for landscape irrigation
- Non-protein food and floral waste are composted and used in the area
Organic Cotton Products
Yoga outfit sells out
In 2005, we introduced an organic yoga outfit in 290 Clubs and sold out of them in 10 weeks. Selling 190,000 outfits helped prevent more than 50,000 pesticides, herbicides and other hazardous chemicals from being used.
The overwhelming response to our yoga outfit showed us that Members valued organic products. We realized offering organic products was another way we could support responsible farming. We continue to offer new styles of organic apparel.