En Español ›
Frequently Asked Questions ›
At Sam’s Club, our members are number one. That’s why everything we do is focused on providing excellent member service and delivering low prices. The information you share with us allows us to provide the products and services you want and need while giving you the very best shopping experience. Learn more.
Our Policy covers how and why we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information:
- At Sam’s Club in the United States and Puerto Rico, and
- On our websites and mobile services where this Policy is posted.
Our Policy focuses on personal information – information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. Learn more.
What Is Our Pledge of Accountability?
We have designated a team of trained associates who are responsible for helping to ensure compliance with this Policy. We require all those who manage members’ personal information to do so properly and in accordance with our policies.
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you create an account on one of our websites. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business. Learn more.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your requests for products or to help us personalize our offerings to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. Learn more.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information Outside of Sam’s Club?
We will not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, when legally required, or with your consent. Learn more.
What are Your Choices?
You have choices about the various ways we collect, use, and share your personal information.
- We may send you marketing communications. You can tell us your marketing preferences in different ways, including by logging on to your SamsClub.com account and clicking "edit" under Email preferences in the Member profile.
- We also personalize your experience on our sites and mobile services by showing you advertisements from Sam’s Club or our advertising partners that are tailored to your interests. Learn more about interest-based advertising, including how to opt out.
- Some of our mobile services use your device’s location information. You can adjust the settings of your mobile device at any time to control whether your device communicates this location information. We may also offer additional controls on our use of your mobile location information.
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
We provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information. We also take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. Learn more.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our members’ personal information. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. Learn more.
What Are Your Privacy Protections for Specific Types of Personal Information?
In addition to this Policy, we have specific privacy notices for some of our specialized operations, including a specific Notice of Privacy Practices for our Health & Wellness operations. Learn more.
You can contact the Sam’s Club Privacy Office online or by postal mail. Learn more.
What Are Your California Privacy Rights?
How will I know if this Policy changes?
Last Updated: March 27, 2015