Appearance upon arrival
• Start with a clean sanitized vase or display bucket.
• Add the correct amount of flower food with cool tap water.
• Unpack flowers immediately.
• Remove all leaves that fall below water line to maintain cleanliness of the water.
• Make a “clean” cut about ½ inches off the end of each stem with cleaned and sanitized clippers or knife under water. (NEVER use scissors!)
• Place stems in vase or bucket immediately after cut to ensure proper hydration.
• Keep flowers at room temperature for 2 hours to “hydrate” (drink) before placing in a cooler, if possible.
• Blooms on the stem are at different stages of maturity. Remove blooms that are past their prime as time passes.
Maintaining the flower:
• Place flowers in a cool location out of sunlight and away from heat sources. (Optimally, flowers do best when stored in 34° F - 38° F.)
• Check water levels often and add water as needed.
• Do not keep flowers close to fruits and vegetables.
• Clean the vase, change the water and re-cut the stems every 3 days.