Underside of Leather Leaf
• Start with a clean sanitized vase or display bucket.
• Add the correct amount of flower food with cool tap water, or leave in the box until needed to keep moist.
• Unpack flowers immediately.
• Remove all leaves that fall below water line to maintain cleanliness of the water.
• Make a “clean” cut about ½ inches off the end of each stem with cleaned and sanitized clippers or knife under water. (NEVER use scissors!)
• Place stems in vase or bucket immediately after cut to ensure proper hydration.
• Keep flowers at room temperature for 2 hours to “hydrate” (drink) before placing in a cooler, if possible.
• Clean stems of loose soil before placing the leather leaf in a vase.
• Note: Occasionally, the underside of the leather leaf will have tan, brown or black bumps. This is part of the reproductive system of the plant and does not shorten the vase life of the greenery.
Maintaining the flower:
• Place flowers in a cool location out of sunlight and away from heat sources. (Optimally, flowers do best when stored in 34° F - 38° F.)
• Check water levels often and add water as needed.
• Do not keep flowers close to fruits and vegetables.
• Clean the vase, change the water and re-cut the stems every 3 days.