Change the World
Start with ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR® Savings at Sam's Club
Sam's Club is committed to helping you save money and protect the environment by offering a wide variety of ENERGY STAR qualified products for your home and business. ENERGY STAR products not only save you energy, they save you money and help fight climate change by meeting strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). And all this without sacrificing the quality, performance, or value you expect from Sam's Club.
Did you know that according to ENERGY STAR, the typical household spends more than $2,200
a year on energy bills?
With ENERGY STAR, you can save almost one-third or more than $700!
Sam's Club is always looking to help you save more money. Be sure to look for the ENERGY STAR label on products online and in our Clubs.
Sam's Club carries a variety of ENERGY STAR qualified home electronics – from TVs to sound systems to DVD players. With ENERGY STAR qualified electronics you can get the high-quality entertainment you are looking for from your home theatre system, and also feel good about the energy you are saving.
- Reducing the brightness of a TV set can cut its energy use by as much as 35%.
- If all TVs sold in the United States met ENERGY STAR requirements, the savings in energy costs would grow to about $1 billion annually and greenhouse gas emissions would be reduced by the equivalent of about 1 million cars.
- ENERGY STAR qualified TVs are 40% more energy efficient than conventional models, helping you save energy, money and fight climate change by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Computers & Accessories
Sam's Club also offers everything you need to equip your office – home or business – with energy-saving, ENERGY STAR qualified products, including tips to save even more money, such as power management.
- Enabling your desktop computer and monitor's power management features can save your office or home office up to $85 per year. Make sure you enable power management features, which are available on nearly all recent computers and automatically place computers into a lower power "sleep mode" after a designated period of inactivity. The computer wakes up once you move the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard.
- Desktop computers, LCD monitors and multifunction devices (MFD) purchased from Sam's Club that enable power management can save you up to $365 in utility/electricity/energy costs over the life of the products.
- If all computers sold in the United States meet the ENERGY STAR requirements, the savings in energy costs will grow to more than $1.5 billion each year and greenhouse gas emissions will be reduced by the equivalent of greenhouse gas emissions from nearly 2 million vehicles.
- On average, displays that have earned the ENERGY STAR are 20 percent more energy efficient than conventional options.
By replacing your home's 5 most frequently used light fixtures or the bulbs in them with ENERGY STAR qualified models, you can save $70 each year. Look for ENERGY STAR qualified lighting while shopping at Sam's Club and you'll find a variety of types and styles that will suit the needs of your home or business.
- ENERGY STAR qualified compact fluorescent light bulbs use 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs and last up to 10 times longer.
- ENERGY STAR qualified lighting produces about 75% less heat, so they're safer to operate and can cut energy costs associated with home cooling.
Sam's Club also sells commercial products such as vending machines. An ENERGY STAR qualified vending machine can save more than 1,500 kWh per year compared with non-qualified models.
Room Air Conditioners
- A 2010 ENERGY STAR qualified room air conditioner costs less than $70 a year to run, on average.
- If every room air conditioner sold had earned the ENERGY STAR, it would prevent 900 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions annually, equivalent to the emissions from 80,000 cars.
- Room air conditioners that have earned the ENERGY STAR use about 10% less energy than conventional models. This could mean a savings of more than $60 over the lifetime of the unit.
Room Air Cleaners
- A typical room air cleaner, operating continuously, uses approximately 800 kWh per year in electricity - this is about 60% more than the power used by a new refrigerator!
- Since 2004, air cleaners that have earned the ENERGY STAR have saved nearly 2 billion kWh and prevented about 3 billion pounds of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Room air cleaners that have earned the ENERGY STAR are 40% more energy-efficient than standard models, saving consumers about 340 kWh/year and $35 annually on utility bills. These savings could add up to more than $330 over the life of the air cleaner!
- The average dehumidifier that has earned the ENERGY STAR can save consumers about $20 per year. Over the life of the unit, that's more than $220 in savings!
- Dehumidifiers that have earned the ENERGY STAR are 15% more efficient than conventional models.
Start changing the World today. Shop these quality ENERGY STAR certified products.