Appearance upon arrival
Bulk Orchids are shipped directly from our partner flower farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Carefully remove each orchid bunch from the box by grabbing the top part of the plastic bag. Keep your orchids in the individual bags.
2. Check each water tubes to ensure they contain water. If they do please go to step 3. If not, carefully remove the bottom part of water tube by detaching the hard plastic from the top soft plastic. Fill the tube with clean fresh water and reattach to the soft plastic top.
3. Check the bag for moisture which can occur during shipping. If there is moisture in the plastic bags, dry the inside of the bags with a paper towel and lightly place a dry paper towel inside the bunch to absorb the moisture. Remove after a couple of hours.
4. Stand the bag upwards and be carefully not to stack them on top of each other to prevent damage to the orchid blooms.
5. There is no immediate need to cut and put them in water. When you are ready to make your arrangements, simply cut the ends and arrange accordingly.
6. Keep an eye on the water level inside the tubes. You may need to fill them with water as needed.
7. Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
8. Blooms toward the bottom of the stem are older than blooms near the top of the stem. It is normal for the bottom blooms to die sooner. Simply remove any dying blooms as needed.
9. To maximize the life and beauty of your flowers, you can change the vase water and re-cut the stems.
10. Blooms toward the bottom of the stem are older than blooms near the top of the stem. It is normal for the bottom blooms to mature sooner. Simply remove any older blooms as needed.
Orchids are shipped in full bloom. There is no need to receive the flowers many days in advance for blooming purposes. If you like, you can leave your Orchids standing upright with the stems in the water tubes until you are ready to design the flowers.
Orchids do not like refrigeration; it will most likely damage them. Optimal temperature for your orchids is 18C or 65F. Anything cooler than this could potential be harmful and may damage the flowers.
Lastly if our orchids are dehydrated and/or you want to extend the vase life, simply soak the entire flower stem in cool water for 3 hours completely submerging them in the water; cut the stems and place in water. This will revive your orchids and prolong the life and beauty.