Nikon SB-400 Speedlight Unit
- $ 118 38 118.38
About this itemThis compact, lightweight Speedlight unit features simple, intuitive operation.
This compact, lightweight Speedlight unit features simple, intuitive operation. Put it on, turn it on and shoot! It features an 18mm angle of coverage with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras and utilizes Nikon's i-TTL intelligent flash. It operates on two AA size (1.5V) batteries.
- Compact, lightweight Speedlight unit
- Simple, intuitive operation
- 18mm angle of coverage with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- Utilizes Nikon's i-TTL intelligent flash
- Operates on two AA size (1.5V) batteries
- Fast 2.5 second recycling time
- Bounce capabilities in four steps up to 90°
- Approximate guide number of 98.4 ft. at ISO 200 (at 18mm zoom head setting)
- Flash shooting distance range from 2 ft. and up to 66 ft.
- Compatible with all Nikon Creative Lighting System cameras
- Electronic Construction: Automatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitry
- Guide number (at 18mm zoom-head position, 20°C/68°F) 30m/98.4 ft. (ISO 200, m/ft.)
- Angle of Coverage: Light distribution covers an 18mm lens when mounted on a Nikon DX format digital SLR camera (27mm lens when mounted on an F6 35mm SLR)
- Flash Mode: i-TTL, M (manual with the D40 only)
- Compatible Cameras: All cameras compatible with Nikon Creative Lighting System
- Flash exposure control set on the camera: Slow-sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction in slow sync, rear-curtain sync flash, FV lock flash, manual flash (with Nikon Creative Lighting System digital and 35mm SLR cameras)
- Bounce Capability: Flash head tilts up to 90° with click-stops at 0, 60, 75, 90
Power Source: 2 AA batteries (1.5V or lower)
- Number of Flashes/Recycling Time (at full output with fresh batteries): Alkaline-manganese (1.5V) 140/3.9 sec. Lithium (1.5V) 250/4.2 sec. Oxyride (1.5V) 150/3.1 sec. Ni-MH rechargeable (1.5V, 2600 mAh) 210/2.5 sec.
- Ready Light: Lights up when the SB-400 is recharged and ready to fire; blinks to indicate: insufficient light; insufficient battery power; incompatibility of camera with SB-400; overheating
- Flash Duration: Approximately 1/1,300th second at full output
- Mounting Foot Lever Lock: Provides secure attachment of SB-400 to the camera accessory shoe with a mount pin to prevent accidental detachment
- Included Accessory: SS-400 soft case
- Specification Conditions: Performance specifications are applicable when fresh batteries are used at normal temperature (20°C / 68°F)
Dimensions and Weight:
- Dimensions: Approximately 2.6"W x 2.2"H x 3.1"D
- Weight (without batteries): Approximately 4.5 oz.