Nikon D7000 16.2MP Digital SLR Camera - Body Only
Free standard shipping for online orders.
- 3.0" LCD
- Up to 6 fps
High Resolution 16.2MP DX-format CMOS sensor for large prints and tight cropping.
High Speed 6 frames per second continuous shooting up to 100 shots captures the most fleeting action.
Ground-breaking 2,016-pixel RGB (3D Color Matrix) sensor delivers more accurate control of light metering and optimizes the Scene Recognition System for exposure, white balance, focus tracking and iTTL flash control.
EXPEED 2 image processing and 14-bit A/D Conversion provides smooth tones, rich colors and fast camera performance.
Large Bright Glass Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder with approximately 100% frame coverage and 0.94x magnification.
Twin SD Card Slots with SD, SDHC, SDXC memory card compatibility gives you options to keep on shooting or separate your NEF (RAW), JPEG and movie files.
Built-in Speedlight flash with i-TTL and Wireless Commander support so you can light your subjects any way you like.
Optional MB-D11 multi-power pack further expands your shooting time and battery choices while adding a vertical shutter-release and control dials to your camera.
Two User Definable Settings (U1, U2) right on the Mode Selector Dial let you store most camera settings so you can go back to them at anytime without the need for further adjustments or menu settings.
Picture Control lets you choose from Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait or Landscape to apply a personal look and feel to your pictures.
Virtual Horizon Graphic Indicator shows whether the camera is level, and in Live View mode, lets you place a grid over the scene you’re about to shoot — an invaluable tool for shooting landscapes and architecture.
Breathtaking Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus and external stereo microphone jack to record cinematic-quality movies up to 20 minutes all enhanced by NIKKOR interchangeable lens quality and versatility.
Dynamic ISO range from 100 to 6400 expandable to 25,600 (Hi2) lets you shoot in near darkness.
Customizable 39 point AF System includes nine center cross-type sensors that operate with every AF NIKKOR lens so you can focus on making great images.
Compact but durable with magnesium-alloy top and rear covers, superior weather and dust seals and a 150,000 cycle-rated shutter system providing reliable operation.
3", 921,000-dot Super-Density LCD Monitor with 170° viewing delivers bright, crisp image playback, and precise Live View and Movie shooting.
Fast start-up time of 0.13 sec and short 50ms shutter lag so your camera’s ready to go when you are.
Compact EN-EL15 Battery lets you shoot over 850 shots.
Built-in HDMI Connection lets you connect your camera right to your HDTV and playback with most HDTV remote controls.
Active D-Lighting restores picture-enhancing detail in shadows and highlights.
Versatile Scene Modes let you choose from Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up or Night Portrait for stunning results in otherwise challenging condition.
Free standard shipping for a limited time while supplies last.
- Picture Angle: Effective picture angle 1.5x (approx.) conversion factor (Nikon DX format)
- Effective Pixels: 16.2 million
- Sensor Size: 23.6 x 15.6mm
- Image Sensor Format: DX
- Image Sensor Type: CMOS
- Total Pixels: 16.9 million
- Dust-Off Reference Photo: Yes
- Lens Mount: Nikon F bayonet mount
- Reflex Mirror: Quick-return type
- Depth-of-field Control: Yes
- Lens Compatibility at a Glance: AF-S or AF lenses fully compatible; Metering with AI lenses
- Compatible Lenses: Type G or D AF NIKKOR: all functions supported; IX Nikkor lenses cannot be used; DX AF NIKKOR: all functions possible; AF-NIKKOR for F3AF not supported; AI-P NIKKOR: all functions supported except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II
- Single-point AF Mode: Yes
- Dynamic AF Mode: Number of AF points: 9, 21, 39 and 39 (3D-tracking)
- Auto-area AF Mode: Yes
- Autofocus System: Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection; Finetuning; 39 focus points (including 9 cross-type sensors); AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 1' 8" - 9' 10")
- Focus Lock: AE-L/AF-L button; Half press of shutter-release button (single-point AF in AF-S)
- Focus Modes: Single-servo AF (AF-S); Continuous-servo (AF-C); Auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); Full-time Servo (AF-A) available in Live View only; Face-Priority AF; Wide area; Normal area
- Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points: 39
- Autofocus Sensitivity: -1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20°C/68°F)
- Monitor Size: 3.0" diagonal
- Monitor Resolution: 921,000 Dots
- Monitor Type: Super Density; Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD
- Monitor Angle of View: 170° wide-viewing angle
- Monitor Adjustments: Brightness, 7 levels
- Viewfinder: Eye-level pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage: 100% approx.
- Viewfinder Magnification: 0.95x approx.
- Viewfinder Eyepoint: 19.5mm
- Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment: -3 to +1m
- Focusing Screen: Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark II with AF area brackets (grid lines can be displayed)
Aperture and Shutter:
- Shutter type: Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
- Fastest Shutter Speed: 1/8000 sec. in steps of 1/3; 1/2; 1 EV
- Slowest Shutter Speed: 30 sec. in steps of 1/3; 1/2; 1 EV
- Flash Sync Speed: Up to 1/250 sec.; synchronizes with shutter at 1/320s or slower (flash range drops at speeds between 1/250 and 1/320s)
- Bulb Shutter Setting: Yes
- Shutter Release Modes: Single-frame [S] mode; Continuous low-speed [CL] mode: 1-5 frames per second; Continuous high-speed [CH] mode: 6 frames per second; Live View [LV] mode; Self-timer mode
- Continuous Shooting Options: DX-format; CH: Up to 6 frames per second; CL: Up to 5 frames per second
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution: 6 frames per second (CIPA guidelines)
- Self-timer: 2, 5, 10, 20 sec.; timer duration electronically controlled
- Mirror Lock Up: Yes
- Exposure Metering System: TTL exposure metering using 2,016-pixel RGB sensor
- Metering Range: 0 to 20 EV (Matrix or center-weighted metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens, at 20°C/68°F); 2 to 20 EV (Spot metering at ISO 100 equivalent, f/1.4 lens at 20°C/68°F)
- Exposure Meter Coupling: CPU; AI
- Exposure Modes: Programmed Auto with flexible Program (P); Shutter-Priority Auto (S); Aperture-Priority Auto (A); Manual (M); Auto; Auto (flash off); Advanced Scene Modes; U1 (user setting 1); U2 (user setting 2)
- Advanced Scene Modes: Portrait; Landscape; Close-up; Sports; Night Portrait; Night Landscape; Party / Indoor; Beach / Snow; Child; Sunset; Dusk / Dawn; Pet Portrait; Candlelight; Blossom; Autumn Colors; Food; Silhouette; High Key; Low Key
- Exposure Compensation: ±5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- Exposure Bracketing: 2 to 3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1 or 2 EV
- Exposure Lock: Yes
- D-Lighting Bracketing: 2 or 3 exposures
- Long Exposure Noise Reduction: Yes
- Built-in Flash: Yes
- Flash Bracketing: 2 to 3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1 or 2 EV
- Built-in Flash Distance: 39' (ISO 100)
- Top FP High Speed Sync: Up to 1/8000
- Flash Control: i-TTL Balanced fill-flash, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR
- Flash Sync Modes: Front-curtain sync (normal); Slow sync; Rear-curtain sync; Red-eye reduction; Red-eye reduction with slow sync
- Flash Compensation: -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- Accessory Shoe: Yes
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS): CLS Supported; Built-in flash Commander Mode
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 – 6400; Hi-1 (ISO 12,800); Hi-2 (ISO 25,600)
- Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity: 100 in steps of 1/3; 1/2; 1 EV
- Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity: 6400 in steps of 1/3; 1/2; 1 EV
- Highest Expanded ISO Sensitivity: HI-2 (ISO 25,600 equivalent)
- Expanded ISO Sensitivity Options: Hi-1 (ISO-12,800 equivalent) in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV ; Hi-2 (ISO 25600 equivalent)
- High ISO Noise Reduction: Low; Normal; High; Off
- White Balance: Auto (2 types); Incandescent; Fluorescent (7 types); Direct Sunlight; Flash; Cloudy; Shade; Preset manual (up to 5 values can be stored); Auto (TTL white balance with 2,016-pixel RGB sensor); Fine Tune by Kelvin color temperature setting (2,500K to 10,000K); 7 manual modes with fine-tuning
- White Balance Bracketing: 2 or 3 exposures
- Picture Control: Landscape; Monochrome; Neutral; 9 User-customizable Settings; Portrait; Standard; Vivid
- Virtual Horizon Camera Indicator: Yes
- Live View Shooting: Yes
- Movie: Movie with sound; HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 24 fps; HD 1,280 x 720 / 24 fps; HD 1,280 x 720 / 30 fps; VGA 640 x 424 / 30 fps
- Movie Audio: Built-in microphone, monaural; Optional external stereo mini-pin jack (3.5mm diameter); Microphone sensitivity can be adjusted
- 3D color matrix metering II; PC Micro-NIKKOR does not support some functions; Non-CPU: can be used in modes A and M (color matrix metering and aperture value display supported if user provides lens data (AI lenses only)); electronic rangefinder can be used if maximum aperture is f/5.6 or faster; other AF NIKKOR: all functions supported except 3D color matrix metering II
- Image Area (pixels): DX-format; (L) 4928 x 3264; (M) 3696 x 2448; (S) 2464 x 1632
- File Format: NEF (RAW): lossless compressed or compressed 12 or 14 bit; JPEG: JPEG-baseline-compliant; can be selected from Size Priority and Optimal Quality; MOV
- Compatible Storage Media: SD; SDHC; SDXC
- Card Slot: 2 Secure Digital (SD) slots (cards not included)
- File System: Compliant with DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0; DPOF (Digital Print Order Format); EXIF 2.3 (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras
- Playback Specifications:
- Playback Functions: Full frame; Calendar; Thumbnail (4, 9 or 72 segments); Zoom; Movie Playback; Slideshow; Histogram display; Auto image rotation; Shooting data; Highlight point display; Sound playback
- In-Camera Image Editing: Trim; D-Lighting; Color Balance; Image Overlay; Side-by-Side Comparison; Filter Effects; Distortion Control; Monochrome; NEF (RAW) Processing; Quick retouch; Straighten; Fisheye; Red-eye Correction; Perspective Control; Color Outline; Resize; Edit Movie; Miniature Effect
- Image Comment: Yes
- Interface: Hi-speed USB; NTSC; PAL; HDMI; Stereo Microphone Input; Audio/Video out
- Wi-Fi Functionality: Eye-Fi Compatible; FTP file transfer available and PTP/IP with optional WT-4A (IEEE 802.11 a/b/g)
- Battery / Batteries: EN-EL15 Lithium-ion Battery (rechargeable)
- Battery Life (shots per charge): Up to 1,050 shots (CIPA)
- AC Adapter: EH-5a AC Adapter
- Battery Charger: MH-25 Quick Charger
- Tripod Socket: 1/4" 20
- GPS: GP-1 GPS unit
- Save/Load Camera settings: Yes
- My Menu: Yes with customization
- Recent Settings: Yes
- Date, Time and Daylight Savings Time Settings: Yes
- World Time Setting: Yes
- EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- MH-25 QuickCharger
- DK-5 Eyepiece Cap
- DK-21 Rubber Eyecup
- UC-E4 USB Cable
- EG-D2 Audio Video Cable
- AN-DC1 Camera Strap
- BM-11 LCD Monitor Cover
- BF-1B Body Cap
- BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover
- ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
Ask & Answer
Warranty Information1 year limited
There is no additional information available for this item.