Night Owl 8 Ch H.264 DVR with Smart Phone Access
In today’s world, owning a DVR is absolutely critical for keeping your family or business safe. When properly connected, Night Owl DVR systems are nearly impossible to disarm. Unlike alarm systems digital video recorders (DVRs) have the ability to not only to warn you when motion has been activated but it will record hard video evidence. In addition, all recordings can be easily backed up or transferred digitally and given to the proper authorities. Don’t wait until it is too late; protect your home and/or business today with a Night Owl Digital Video Recording Security Kit.
Click Here for Interactive Product Tour
Smart Phone Compatibility
Having the ability to check on your home or business has never been easier. This smart H.264 DVR will allow you to view all of your cameras remotely on select 3G smart phones(3). Windows Mobile®, Symbian®, and iPhone® on 3G networks are all compatible with the FS-8500.
View and Control your System over the Internet
This network ready H.264 DVR kit allows you to view and control your system over the internet(2) using Internet Explorer. No matter where you are in the world you can log into your system and watch real time video streams, playback previously recorded files and even backup the system remotely. In addition, Night Owl does not charge any fee’s to control or view your DVR over the internet.
H.264 technology delivers stunning video quality at remarkably low data rates. An upgrade to the MPEG4 standard, this ultra-efficient technology gives you excellent results across a broad range of bandwidths, from remote access via internet explorer to remote viewing on your 3G smart phone. H.264 compression also allows you to save more video footage than traditional compression methods thus giving you up to 2X more storage.
Motion Activated Recording w/ 500GB Hard Drive
Motion activation allows you to record only when necessary, and makes it easy to find important footage during video playback. This will save you time and conserve hard drive space. An easy motion detection mask allows you to block out areas with constant movement, such as roads or trees. This system records up to 1 year of video(1) with its pre-installed 500GB security certified hard drive.
Simple Point & Click System
The FS-8500 comes equipped with a state of the art, easy to use icon based interface. All you need to do is point and click to access any of the features of the DVR. The interface is very user friendly and comes equipped with both a USB mouse and remote control.
Indoor/Outdoor Night Vision Cameras
The 8 indoor/outdoor(5) color cameras provide you with a clear, crisp, and enhanced image at 400 TV lines of resolution. The cameras come equipped with 11 infrared LEDs that allow you to see in the darkness, up to 30 feet away!
Connects Directly to your Television (RCA) or Monitor (VGA)
The DVR easily connects to your TV for instant viewing via RCA or to any computer monitor with a VGA input. For your convenience we have included a 6' RCA cable.
No Monthly Fees
Unlike other security systems Night Owl does not charge you to control or view your DVR over the internet. Log on as often and as long as you would like with absolutely NO fee’s whatsoever. If you are spending $$ every month for an alarm system that does not record video evidence then it is basically useless. Stop wasting money every month and make a one-time investment in a Night Owl Digital Video Recording System.
Professional Installation Services
Even though all Night Owl Security Systems are extremely easy to setup we give you the choice to have a professional installer come out and do the work for you. Call our installation service department(7) at 1-800-806-5513 and we will give you a quote right over the phone and come out and install everything for you. (This is an optional service, fee’s will apply, offer inside box.)
- 1 x 8 Channel H.264 DVR with 500GB pre-installed HD
- 8 x Night Vision Cameras
- 8 x Metal Stands for Cameras
- 8 x Mounting Hardware for Cameras
- 8 x 60' BNC Camera Cables
- 2 x 4 Way Power Splitters for Cameras
- 1 x Remote Control (with batteries)
- 1 x Mouse
- 1 x Ethernet Cable (Connect to your router - 6')
- 1 x BNC to RCA Cable (Connect to your TV - 6')
- 1 x DC 19V DVR Power Adapter
- 2 x DC 12V Camera Power Adapters
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Quick Setup Guide
- 1 x Software CD
- 3 x Night Owl Security Stickers
- 1 x InstallerNet Installation Card
- Video Compression: H.264
- Operating System: Linux with Simple Point and Click Interface
- Video Input: 8 Channel BNC
- Video Output: 2 BNC and 1 VGA (BNC to RCA Cable Included)
- Audio Input / Output(6): RCA 1-Channel / 1-Channel
- Display Frame Rate: 240fps – Full D1
- Recording Frame Rate: 240fps@CIF
- Display Resolution: VGA (1024 x 768 or 800 x 600) BNC (704 x 480)
- Record Resolution: D1 (704 x 480), HD1 (704 x 240), CIF (352 x 240)
- Record Modes : Motion Activated, Continuous, Sensor Activated and Time Schedule
- Display Modes: 9 Channel, Quad, and Single Channel
- Audio Alarm Modes: Motion Detection, Video Loss, HD Error and Full
- Playback Options: Event, Time and Date
- HDD Capacity : 1TB (pre-installed 500GB)
- Backup: USB 2.0 (USB; Keys, HD)
- PTZ Control: RS-485, Pelco-P and Pelco-D
- Mouse Control: Yes (mouse included)
- Remote Control: Yes (remote included)
- Multi-Tasking: Triplex (Record, Playback, and Remote Access Simultaneously)
- Network Interface: RJ-45, 10M/100M (Ethernet Cable Included)
- Network Protocol: Supports TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DDNS, PPOE
- Internet Viewing(2): Internet Explorer 6 or Higher (5 users at once)
- Mobile Phone Viewing(3): Smart Phones on 3G Network Including (Windows® Mobile Pro, Symbian S60 V3 and iPhones®
- Compatible OS: Windows® 2000, XP, Vista and 7
- Power Supply: DC19V, 3A
- Operating Temperature: 40°F - 110°F
- Image Sensor: 1/4" Color CMOS
- Resolution: 400 TV Lines
- Number of LEDs: 11
- Length of Night Vision(4): Up To 30'
- Lens Type: 6.0mm (42° field of view)
- IP Rating: IP-65 (water resistant)
- Length of Cable: 60' per camera
- Power Supply: DC 12V
- Operating Temperature(5): 14°F - 104°F
(2) Internet and cell phone access requires a router, Windows® operating system, IE 7 or higher and a broadband internet connection.
(3) The DVR is currently accessible on Windows Mobile Pro, Symbian S60 or above, and iphones® running on 3G networks.
(4) Night vision range up to 30' (under ideal conditions; objects at or beyond this range may be partially or completely obscured, depending on the camera position).
(5) Do not recommend using the cameras in temperatures below 14° F or above 114°F
(6) Audio cameras not included
(7) Professional Installation is offered by InstallerNet, Inc. Additional charges will apply for this service. See details inside box.
11.8"L x 9.8"W x 2.4"H
Ask & Answer
Warranty InformationNIGHT OWL, LLC (“Night Owl”) provides the following warranty to the original retail purchaser only (the “Purchaser”) with respect to this product (the “Product”): For a period of one (1) year after the date of sale, the Product shall be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. In the event that the Product is defective, the Purchaser must return the Product at Purchaser’s cost (no CODs) to the address below, with the original proof of purchase receipt. In its sole discretion, Night Owl will either repair or replace the Product at no additional cost to the Purchaser. Any replacement Product (or parts) will be covered by the same warranty as the original Product through the expiration date of the original warranty period.
TOLL FREE CUSTOMER SERVICE
North America: 1-866-390-1303
There is no additional information available for this item.