McAfee Total Protection 2012 1U - PC
About this item
Secure your digital life with powerful security software, complete with real-time anti-virus, anti-malware, spam filters, firewall, and parental controls, plus automated backup to the cloud and an encrypted digital vault. You also get essential protection against identity theft, risks in social media, and hacking of your PC and home network.
The McAfee Advantage
People want to enjoy the benefits of connecting, surfing, and shopping online and don't want to think about security risks. At McAfee we live and breathe digital security, relentlessly working to stay several steps ahead of the bad guys. Every second of every day, we focus on one thing: keeping your digital life safe, so that you can surf, shop, and socialize online with confidence.
- Complete anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-malware – Relentless security software scans and blocks dangerous emails, risky web content, and online threats like viruses, Trojans, spyware, and rootkits.
- Real-time safeguards – If something new looks suspicious, McAfee® Active Protection™ immediately determines its risk to help keep your computer secure.
- Two-way firewall – Extra layers of Internet security software block bad guys from breaking in or seeking out your personal information. This traffic cop patrols nonstop to prevent malicious software from gaining access to your PC.
- Safe searching and shopping – Color-coded icons next to your search results let you know before you click which sites are safe and which may install malicious code, phish for your identity, or send you spam.
- Fast startup and scan times – We invest in performance to help you enjoy your digital life to the limit – surfing, shopping, and socializing with minimal interruptions.
- Digital data shredder – Permanently destroy sensitive files to be sure they cannot be retrieved by other users when you donate, recycle, or lend your PC.
- PC tune-up – Unused applications, cached browser files, and other junk slow down your PC. McAfee QuickClean™ software removes the clutter so your computer can keep up with your digital life.
- NEW Exclusive anti-bot protection – McAfee now blocks stealthy botnet software by denying its attempts to connect your PC to web addresses that belong to crooks. This extra defense helps prevent your computer from sending out your personal information to Internet crime networks.
- NEW USB and removable drive scan – Portable storage devices can be infected in their travels, spreading malicious code from system to system. McAfee can scan and block this portable payload of viruses, Trojans, and worms before they can work their way into your PC and your network.
- NEW Pre-install scan – Many people get McAfee protection because they are already infected. To help you salvage your system, McAfee works to remove infections as our software installs.
- Block Spam and Dangerous Email – The majority of emails are spam. McAfee spam filters constantly protect you from this shady side of the Internet.
- Protect Your Family – Free your kids to learn and explore online. McAfee lets parents use age-based rules and adjustable categories to block inappropriate sites and limit online time.
- NEW Surfing report – When you need to know what is happening online, this report shows login times, attempts to access forbidden sites, and total online time. You can also see who is online when.
- Protect Your Personal Data – Some memories can't be replaced unless you have them backed up online. Save your most important photos, music, and personal and financial files automatically to a password-protected, encrypted safe deposit box in the cloud.
- Protect Against Hackers and Thieves - Improved Encrypted storage – Your confidential files like tax forms and bank statements reveal your identity. McAfee Anti-Theft encrypts sensitive documents – even photos – in a password-protected vault on your PC to keep your identity safe from hacking as well as theft or loss of your PC.
- Wireless network protection – Wireless access allows online convenience, but don't let it go too far. McAfee Home Network Defense can block data thieves from seeing passwords and personal files on your PC when you share a wireless network.
- Protect Your Identity - Improved Anti-phishing software – Advanced McAfee SiteAdvisor® LIVE software checks and alerts you to risky websites you receive in social media, email, and instant messages and blocks online phishing, when a scammer attempts to steal your personal and confidential information.
- Protect Your Social Network - NEW Safe URL sharing‚ Now you can safely and easily share interesting and entertaining content with your social networks, providing web links that your friends can click with confidence. If your link becomes risky before they click, your friends will be warned and protected.
- NEW URL shortener – Make your updates and tweets short and sweet – and safe – with our new integrated URL shortening service. You can embed brief, trustworthy URLs that spread the news without spam or malware.
- Windows XP SP3 or higher (32-bit)
- Windows Vista SP1 or higher (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows 7, including SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- 512MB RAM for XP
- 1GB RAM for Vista and Windows 7
- 500MB free drive space
- 1GHz processor
- Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 and higher, Firefox 3.5 and higher, Google Chrome
- POP3 – Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, IncrediMail, Thunderbird
- MAPI – Outlook
- Web – MSN/Hotmail, or email account with POP3 access
- Windows Mail or Outlook
- Express 6.0+
- Outlook XP+
- Eudora 6.0+
- Thunderbird 1.5+
- McAfee Anti-Spam also supports other POP3 email clients (without SSL) and web accounts
- AOL Instant Messenger 2.1+
- Yahoo Messenger 4.1+
- Microsoft Windows
- Messenger 3.6+
- MSN Messenger 6.0+
Member reviews & questions
Ask & Answer
Policies & plans
Standard - 2 to 6 business days
Computer/video game software must be returned in the original and unopened packaging with a receipt to receive a refund. Defective software must be returned within 90 days of the original purchase with a receipt to receive an exchange of merchandise.