MakerBot PLA Filament, Large (Choose Your Color)
- $ 48 98 - $ 49 98 48.98
- Price includes shipping
- Enter ZIP Code for shipping options
- Estimated arrival
About this item
- Compatibility: MakerBot replicator mini compact 3D printer, replicator 2, replicator 5th generation model, replicator Z18 3D printer
- Material: Polylactic acid (PLA)
- PLA filament also adheres well to acrylic and to blue painter's tape, prints with a large bottom may have a tendency to curl, to prevent curling, use rafts
- To ensure high filament quality and performance, store the MakerBot PLA Filament in a cool, dry place when not in use, PLA filament will absorb moisture from the air if exposed to humidity for long periods of time
- Build plate must be level, clean, and oil-free to ensure the highest quality 3D printing
- It is also recommended that you use the MakerBot PLA Filament and your MakerBot 3D printer in a well-ventilated area
MakerBot PLA Filament is composed of the purest grade resin available on the market.
MakerBot PLA Filament is a nontoxic resin made of sugar derived from field corn and has a semisweet smell (like waffles) when heated.
If you’re new to 3D printing, MakerBot PLA Filament is a good material to start with because it’s easy to use and performs well on most prints.
Every MakerBot PLA Filament color is comprehensively quality tested.
Every MakerBot PLA Filament color also undergoes long-duration testing using a large 3D model that requires 18–24 hours of print time, to ensure that there are no deviations in print quality.
MakerBot PLA Filament adheres well to acrylic and to MakerBot Build Plate Tape.
Every MakerBot PLA Filament color is comprehensively quality tested at both high (100 micron) and medium (200 micron) layer resolutions on all MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers to verify that the filament will perform every feature that MakerBot apps offer and will reliably slice and print all types of models.
Higher quality prints and minimized downtime.
When used with MakerBot Replicator 3D Printers, PLA Filament helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime.
Compared to ABS, PLA demonstrates much less part warping and curling and, for this reason, can be successfully printed without a heated build plate.
Details such as sharp corners and edges print well and PLA printed objects will generally have a glossier look and feel.