Hedge Trimmers & Accessories
A well maintained hedge looks stylish and provides a great boundary for your lawn or garden, but if not maintained well, a hedge can lose its shape and can soon look untidy. Hedges need trimming at least twice a year to promote even growth and to keep them looking their best. Hedge trimmers can save you hours and will make light work of the job. Explore the comprehensive range of hedge trimmers from different manufacturers available at Sam’s Club to select from hedge trimmers that meet your requirements.
Get equipped with the Sun Joe Tiller Joe TJ600E Garden Tiller and Cultivator!
Item #: 404323
The SharperBlade Electric Grass Trimmer/Edger is for homeowners and professionals dissatisfied with traditional string trimmers.
Item #: 609827
Get equipped with the Sun Joe Hedger Joe HJ600C Cordless Hedge Trimmer!
Item #: 404316
This ultimate mulcher shreds leaves, pine needles, grass clippings and even paper.
Item #: 125177
Replacement spool trimmer line for Sun Joe Li-ion cordless trimmer/edger.
Item #: 571253
Constructed of carbon steel, the Hori Hori is built to tackle the toughest gardening chores.
Item #: 609834
Replacement spool trimmer line for the Sun Joe Li-ion Cordless Trimmer/Edger.
Item #: 571253
The Swisher String Trimmer leaves behind a beautiful, manicured lawn!
Item #: 516789
Swisher's Dump Bucket moves snow, dirt and gravel with ease!
Item #: 712110
Swisher's plow blade pushes snow, dirt and gravel with ease!
Item #: 712270
Protect yourself from flying debris and objects with the Swisher® Debris Shield.
Item #: 219051
Turn your ATV into a work vehicle!
Item #: 712292
Swisher's Universal Rear Drop Basket lets you haul more on your ATV!
Item #: 712249
Choosing and Using a Hedge Trimmer
Hedge trimmers are powered in three ways: electrical, gas, and battery. Each of the trimmers has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- Electrical Hedge Trimmers: are lighter in weight and can be used continuously and immediately. However, as this type of hedge trimmer is corded, it cannot be used if the hedge is far from a power source or if it’s raining. The cord can also be obstructive and dangerous.
- Gas Hedge Trimmer: This type of trimmer can be used anywhere as it’s cordless. Although they don’t need to be recharged, you need to ensure you have a ready supply of gas. They’re also heavier to use, smoky, and noisy, and are awkward to use when working from atop a ladder.
- Rechargeable Hedge Trimmer: This type of hedge trimmer strikes a great balance between an electrical hedge trimmer and gas hedge trimmer; in that, this type of trimmer is convenient to use, and can be used anywhere, as it is not restricted by a cord. They also offer low noise levels. However, they’re less powerful than gas models, and you need to ensure that the batteries are charged for at least five to seven hours to provide you with just thirty minutes of use.
Regardless of the type of hedge trimmer you choose from Sam’s Club, you should keep a few safety measures in mind. This includes:
- Wearing protective gear such as safety goggles, heavy duty boots, and gloves
- Inspecting the hedge prior trimming to ensure there are no birds and other wildlife, and keeping people and animals away from the area you’re working in
- Use both hands on the handle of the trimmer to operate it correctly
- Keep the cable of the electrical trimmer away from the cutting direction
Once the hedges have been trimmed to your satisfaction, water and mulch the plants to keep them in good condition.