Get that extra storage you’ve been needing with a new hard drive from Sam’s Club. We offer great deals on hard drives from leading manufacturers like Toshiba, Seagate, and more. Browse external hard drives, portable hard drives, usb hard drives, and more.
Item #: 512121
Item #: 581381
Item #: 534820
Item #: 248119
Original Price: $59.98
Instant Savings: $6
Offer valid from 5/14/2013 through 6/11/2013.
Enjoy portable storage space for even the largest digital libraries.
Item #: 320527
Item #: 165865
Item #: 109199
Item #: 569859
Item #: 216804
Item #: 109220
Item #: 109206
Item #: 11564
Item #: 589533
Item #: 589519
Item #: 216773
Reasons to purchase an External Hard Drive
A hard drive is an important component to your computer. The hard drive is the place where operating systems, programs, and data is stored and rests ready for easy access. External hard drives are great to supplement your main computer’s storage capacity. Today, people enjoy playing games, storing pictures and other media, and performing other functions on their computer, which requires high amounts of storage. With the addition of an external hard drive, you can turn your computers into a multimedia machine!
- External hard drives increase your computer’s storage capacity. The computer age moves very quickly. What may seem like a lot of storage space now may not be so in a few months to a year. External hard drives allow you to augment your computer’s storage space rather than needing to look into purchasing an entirely new computer system.
- Many people use their portable hard drive as a backup device to their main computer. This relieves the anxiety related to possibly losing important, stored documents. In addition, a portable hard drive, such as the Seagate hard drives, can aid you in sharing information with friends or on different computers.
- Depending on the internal structure of your computer, an external hard drive can accelerate the speed and performance of the computer. By purchasing an external hard drive with greater memory, you can increase your computer’s energy by using it as the boot (or main) drive.
- Portable hard drives make it easy to bring your information with you wherever you go. Take your multimedia on trips, to a friend’s house, to another computer, etc. If portability is something you desire, look for a portable hard drive that is fast and has good storage capacities.
- Purchasing an external hard drive can expand the life of your computer. Once your computer’s internal hard drive fails, your entire computer will no longer work. If the life of your external hard drive expires, then you can just purchase another external hard drive.
Hard Drive Buying Tips
- Make sure that your intended external hard drive is compatible with your present computer. You’ll want your computer to be able to fully exploit the power and potential of your portable hard drive.
- You can never have too much storage space. It is recommended to estimate beyond what you think you will need.
- You can’t go wrong with an external hard drive purchase. If for nothing else, purchase one to further the life of your present computer and free space on its hard drive.