WD My Book 2 TB External USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 drive
- List price $109.99
- Some manufacturers require us to show prices at their suggested price. When we are able to sell these products for less, we can only show you the price outside of the item listing. Depending on the product, we can show you the price at sign in, on another screen, in your cart, or when you begin the checkout process.
- Add to cart to see your price
About this item
Put your digital life on the high capacity My Book® desktop hard drive with ultra-fast USB 3.0 connectivity. WD SmartWare automatic backup software helps protect your important files.
Dual USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 interface -- A single drive with universal compatibility today and next-generation speed for tomorrow. Use it with USB 2.0 now and step up to USB 3.0 speed when you’re ready.
Up to 3x faster transfer rates -- When connected to a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port this drive lets you access and save files up to 3 times faster than USB 2.0. Transfer a 2-hour HD movie in just 3 minutes instead of 13 minutes.
Massive capacity – With up to 4 TB capacity, there is plenty of room to store and protect your precious memories and important files.
WD quality inside and out – For over 20 years, millions of people worldwide have trusted their data to WD hard drives. We are successful because we understand the importance of your data and our first concern is keeping that data safe.
WD SmartWare™ software – You’re in control of your backup. Install all the features, select just the components you need, or if you prefer, choose not to use the software at all.
Automatic, continuous backup – Works quietly in the background to protect your data using minimal PC resources. Whenever you add or change a file it’s instantly backed up.
Password protection for privacy – Gain peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorized access with password protection and encryption.
- Connecting with your USB 2.0 port today and using with USB 3.0 when you’re ready
- Transferring files up to three times faster when connected to a USB 3.0 port
- Protecting your digital life with automatic, continuous backup
- Adding up to 4 TB extra space for photos, videos and music
- Securing private or sensitive data with password protection and hardware encryption
- External hard drive
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- WD SmartWare software
- Quick Install Guide
- Formatted NTFS
- Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Mac OS Lion or Mountain Lion (Requires re-formatting)
- Data transfer rate - 5 Gb/s (maximum) in USB 3.0 mode and 480 Mb/s (maximum) in USB 2.0 mode
- Interface - USB 3.0 and 2.0
- RoHS compliant - Yes
- Operating temperature - 5°C to 35°C
- Non-op. temperature - –20°C to 65°C