Best Seller View more options
View more options
Clear all selections to show more results.
What kinds of fireplaces are available?
- Gas fireplaces offer a nice alternative to classic wood fireplaces. In addition, they allow those living in city apartments and similar housing to have a fireplace. You will need a gas line or propane tank to operate your gas fireplace. Some gas fireplaces are very similar to classic fireplaces in appearance, making it difficult to tell the difference between the two.
- Electric fireplaces are very popular with consumers - especially those living in small apartments and smaller living spaces. The framing of electric fireplaces can give a classic, wood-burning fireplace feel. Electric fireplaces do not require a chimney or gas line to use and can be placed in any room of your house.
- Gel fuel fireplaces also do not require a chimney or gas line. They work very similarly to electric fireplaces, yet do not need electric current to warm your home. Some models come with an affixed bookshelf on top of the molding, so you can curl up with a book to complement fire-side relaxation. Some models can be fixed to your wall to contrast the look of a ground-based fireplace.
- Faux wood fireplaces can go absolutely anywhere in the home. Enjoy the look of an actual wood fireplace without the need for extra wood and a chimney. Many people living in warmer climates do not need a fireplace to warm their home, yet enjoy the eye-pleasing structure of a faux wood fireplace.
What are some style possibilities for fireplaces?
- Traditional-looking fireplaces host the pit area with a surrounding molding made of a variety of wood. These are very popular with consumers due to their architecture and larger size. These look great in a living room, dining room, or bedroom.
- Some consumers prefer a stove-design fireplace. Stove-design fireplaces can be very ornate, featuring feet and an antique, cast-iron design.
- Wall-mounted fireplaces are optimal for just about any room due to their size and can be hung as easily as a picture. These gel fuel fireplaces can look great, complementing the style of any home and provide significant heat sources.
Fireplace Buying Tips
- Think about purchasing more than one fireplace to place in your home. Electric fireplaces can go anywhere and in any room in your house because they only require an electrical outlet to run. There is no need for extra construction to your home or a chimney to afford the pleasures of a fireplace!
- Check to see if your gel fuel fireplace comes with the needed fuel. If not, Sam’s Club sells additional gel fuel for your convenience.
- Think about purchasing a wall fireplace rather than a picture or portrait. Wall fireplaces are very pleasing to view and provide the practical benefit of adding warmth to your home.