DSLR Lenses & Flash
There are plenty of DSLR lenses and other camera accessories such as flash units to choose from; in fact, the choices are as varied as the selection you have for DSLR cameras. No matter what type of DSLR camera lenses or flash units you’re looking for, you can find exactly what you like at affordable prices right here at Sam’s Club.
This ultra wide-angle lens, designed exclusively for use with Nikon’s DX-format, provides a versatile wide-angle zoom perspective.
Item #: 157732
Item #: 337085
Experience a compact, lightweight and wide magnification range lens.
Item #: 634106
High performance versatile speedlight brings simplicity to on-camera, remote and multiple flash photography.
Item #: 757839
The Speedlite 430EX II features a powerful flash with fast recycling time in a compact, durable body.
Item #: 634113
Low In Stock
Covering a range from 29mm-216mm in 35mm format, Canon's new EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS offers a winning combination of size, range and features.
Item #: 175299
This compact, lightweight Speedlight unit features simple, intuitive operation.
Item #: 675764
This 75-300mm 1:4-5.6 lens features a diagonal angle of view of 32° 11' - 8° 15'.
Item #: 429977
This telephoto zoom lens is designed with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer technology.
Item #: 634099
This compact and fast, f/1.8 lens is versatile and perfect for travel and portrait pictures as well as general photography.
Item #: 157753
This compact and highly versatile 5.3x zoom includes Nikon's VR image stabilzation technology and delivers incredible optical performance.
Item #: 157683
Ideal for travel, event, environmental and general photography in a wide variety of conditions, with superb optical formula and an ultra-fast f/1.4 maximum aperture.
Item #: 157690
Low In Stock
This medium telephoto micro lens is ideal for extreme close-up and portrait work with greater working distances and AF from infinity to life-size (1:1).
Item #: 157739
This standard zoom lens features an Image Stabilizer and high zoom ratio.
Item #: 923704
Th EF lens has been developed to meet the high-performance standards of today's photographers.
Item #: 923711
Worthy successor to the venerable Canon 270EX Speedlite, the new, ultra-lightweight Canon 270EX II Speedlite is a compact, high-performance flash unit designed for the evolving EOS enthusiast.
Item #: 175292
In a first for Canon Speedlites, the versatile new Speedlite 320EX features an LED light on the front of the flash body that can be used to illuminate nearby subjects in dim light.
Item #: 175331
An ideal one-lens solution for DX-format D-SLRs.
Item #: 23430
Fast, lightweight f/1.8 prime DX-format NIKKOR lens perfect for low-light conditions, travel, environmental portrait and general photography.
Item #: 932507
Auto or Manual Focus
Item #: 757831
SLR Lenses – What Type is Right for You?
Lenses for the SLR camera come in different types and sizes. Whether you’re an amateur photographer or a very demanding professional, there are SLR camera lenses available to suit every type of SLR camera buff. When shopping for lenses there are few things you should keep in mind:
- Depending on the type of SLR camera you have, you should get lenses that are specific to the manufacturer as different brands of SLR cameras have different mounts which connect the lenses to the SLR camera.
- There are different types of SLR Lenses:
- Standard Zoom Lens – This is a basic sort of lens and is best used in an SLR camera that’s ready to shoot anytime, anywhere
- Telephoto Lens – This type of lens is ideal if you want to capture distant objects. These SLR lenses are a must have if you plan on capturing some candid moments, or if you’d like to shoot some wildlife or sports photography
- Wide Angle Lens – This type of lens is great for taking panoramic shots
- Macro Lens – If you love taking photographs of extreme close-ups, then this type of lens opens up a whole new world of photography for you to explore
SLR Flash - Figuring Out your Needs
Some SLR cameras have built-in flash; some SLR cameras have a hot shoe mount bracket so that you can attach an external flash unit to the SLR camera, while some other SLR cameras offer both – a built in flash as well as a hot shoe mount where you can attach the flash. While built-in flash is great, it cannot match the quality of an external flash in SLR cameras. But, what is the purpose of using an external flash for SLR cameras? External flash units provide more light output from the flash and significantly reduces red-eye.
External flash units for SLR cameras come with a variety of features. Some features to look out for when shopping for an external flash unit for your SLR camera includes:
- Bounce – Almost all external flash units have this feature. If the external flash unit has bounce, it simply means that you can turn the angle of the external flash unit so that the light from the flash can ‘bounce’ off the ceiling instead of aiming the flash directly at the subject.
- Swivel – This feature allows the external flash unit to ‘swivel’ to make the flash point left or right in order to ‘bounce’ the light from flash off of the walls.
- Power – Different external flash units offer different power settings. You should choose an external flash unit by determining how much power you need from the flash. Choosing a high power external flash unit is generally considered better as you can minimize the light output of a flash, but not usually the other way around.
- Manual or Auto – Determine if you’d want an external flash unit that has automatic control (where the external flash unit communicates electronically with the SLR), or manual control (where you want to change the flash output manually)
Some of the benefits of opting for an external flash unit for your SLR include:
- The external flash units for SLR cameras are compact and easily portable
- The external flash unit can easily fit into your SLR camera bag
- Most external flash units for SLR cameras run on batteries
- Cost effective when compared to heavy duty lights
We hope we’ve made it easier for you to buy SLR camera lenses and external flash units for your SLR camera. Browse through our entire range and purchase one that’s best suited for your needs.