Dragon Naturally Speaking 11 Basics - PC
About this item
Dragon understands what you say and how you say it. Now it’s easy to capture your thoughts and ideas and communicate more effectively. Simply speak words and they appear on your computer screen - three times faster than typing - with no typos! Tell your PC what to do, and it obeys your commands. Dragon 11 Basics is perfect for dictating documents, sending e-mail, surfing the Web, updating Facebook and more. There’s no faster, easier or more convenient way to get more done in less time. Users can:
- Create documents and e-mail by speaking your thoughts
- Control your PC by voice to open applications, save files, search the Web and more
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy working on your computer again
Dragon 11 Basics provides everything you need to get started, including a high-quality headset.
Stop Typing, Start Talking
Just say words and watch them appear on their computer screen - three times faster than typing - with up to 99% accuracy right out of the box. It’s easy to teach Dragon the words you use every day, including acronyms and proper names. Dragon even gets to know you better over time for increased recognition accuracy.
Say It and the Computer Does It
Dragon eliminates the need to navigate menu options, type in keywords or execute sequences of keystrokes and mouse clicks. Now you can get more done faster on your PC. Just tell Dragon what to do, and it completes the task:
- Control applications using simple voice commands like “Open Microsoft Word,” “Set font size to 18” or “Show my photos”
- Edit and format text by saying things like: “All caps that,” “Center the row,” “Bold that” or “Delete the previous two words”
- Find anything on the Web faster and easier using spoken commands such as “Search the Web for Mexican restaurants in San Antonio”
Keep Up with Your Brain
With Dragon, typing, spelling or fear of the blank page won’t slow you down. Dragon transforms your ideas into text as fast as you think them. Just say what you mean instead of struggling with the keyboard or worrying about spelling. So you can focus more on your content and less on the mechanics of typing.
Easy to Use
Dragon makes using a computer fun again. Here’s how:
- Simple installation gets users up and running in minutes
- NEW! The Dragon Sidebar puts important voice commands and tips in one convenient desktop location
- IMPROVED! On-screen help and tutorials makes users experts in no time
- Works with nearly any Windows-based application
- Comfortable hands-free interaction lets you control your PC without being constrained by the keyboard
The install process checks that your system meets the minimum requirements; if they are not met, Dragon Naturally Speaking will not be installed.
- CPU: minimum 1GHz Intel® Pentium® or equivalent AMD processor or 1.66GHz Intel Atom® processor (1.8GHz Intel Dual Core™ or equivalent AMD processor recommended) (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: minimum 512 KB (2MB recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 2.5GB (2.8GB for localized non-English versions)
- Supported Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit; Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 and SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit; Microsoft Windows XP SP2 and SP3, 32-bit only; Windows Server 2003 and 2008, SP1, SP2 and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- RAM: minimum 1GB (2GB recommended) for Windows XP and Windows Vista, and 2GB (4GB recommended) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2003/2008
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher (free download at www.microsoft.com)
- Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- DVD-ROM drive required for installation
- Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone (included in purchase); see details at support.nuance.com/compatibility/ (includes Bluetooth microphones, recorders and tablet PCs)
Note: An internet connection is required for product activation (a quick anonymous process).
*This edition of Dragon does not support dictation directly into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems. For EMR support, please use Dragon Medical Edition.
Member reviews & questions
Ask & Answer
Policies & plans
Standard - 2 to 6 business days
Computer and video game software must be returned in the original and unopened packaging with a receipt to receive a refund. Defective software must be returned within 90 days of the original purchase with a receipt to receive an exchange of merchandise.