Defender H.264 8CH Smart Security System with 8 CCD Cameras
About this item
Depending on the size of your business or home, you can mount the cameras at all entrances, in your yard and even inside. Setup is fast and hassle-free because everything you need is included in one simple kit and an interactive coaching menu helps you along the way. Keep a constant watch of your property and record over a month of video on the DVR’s built-in 500GB hard drive that uses revolutionary H.264 compression to conserve memory. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of being able to check in from anywhere in the world using the Internet. This DVR was specifically designed for the do-it-yourselfer and is loaded with features that will help keep your property safe and secure.
H.264 Compression Saves Disk Space
The 500GB hard drive is designed for high capacity writing, this ensures long product life and accurate video storage. H.264 compression provides an amazing picture while saving almost 50% on storage space versus DVRs with MPEG-4 compression. That means that your system is optimized for up to a month of surveillance.
Helpful information bubbles will pop up to assist you as you scroll through different settings. Learn what each setting means so that you can configure the system to suit your needs.
View Video Online with No Service Fees
Regardless of where you are in the world, you can view your DVR’s live or recorded video footage on any internet accessible computer with Internet Explorer®. See what is happening on your property and check in on your employees or family members. (Requires a router, Windows operating system, Internet Explorer® browser, and broadband Internet connection for online viewing.)
Smart Phone Compatible
The XSC1-8CH-3018 is compatible with BlackBerry®, Windows Mobile®, Symbian and iPhone® Smart Phones. This DVR allows you to utilize 3G technology, which is specifically designed to transmit your video and audio at higher speeds. (BlackBerry is a registered trademark of Research In Motion Limited, Windows Mobile is a registered trademark of Microsoft. Symbian is a registered trademark of Symbian Foundation. iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.)
We'll Get You Online with Our 24/7 Lifetime Live Customer Support
Assistance is available for you whenever you need it. Simply visit www.defender-usa.com for video networking guides, simple tips on how to protect your property and instructional videos on topics such as camera placement. Our customer support team can be reached by phone 24/7, or by e-mail and live web chat services so that you will always have access to an expert.
8 Weather Resistant CCD Cameras
Eight color cameras provide you with a clear and consistent picture. You can better distinguish facial features, which can help in the positive identification of individuals. The cameras can be used indoors and outdoors. Each one is built with professional grade aluminum housing and a sunshade to help prevent glare, deterioration and rusting.
See in the Dark with Automatic Night Vision
The cameras come equipped with night vision, allowing you to see any monitored area (up to 15' away) in total darkness. Each camera has 12 infrared LEDs that activate automatically when it becomes dark and deactivate during the day to save energy. You will always be able to see what is happening in your yard or at your business after-hours.
Multiple Easy Backup Options
With the XSC1-301-3018, you have several easy ways to backup your important video footage. A built-in USB port gives you a few different options when backing up and transferring your video footage. Connect a USB flash drive and store the files permanently on your computer or an external hard drive. You can also connect to an external CD/DVD writer and burn your footage to a disc.
Advanced Motion Activated Recording
You have the option to record video only when motion is detected which will save you time and conserve hard drive space. You can even set individual cameras to detect motion while the others continuously record. Advanced motion detection settings ensure that false alarms are not triggered–the easy motion detection "mask" allows you to block out areas with constant movement, such as roads or blowing trees so that only suspicious activity is recorded.
24/7 Scheduled Recording
You can fully customize a weekly recording schedule. Choose which days of the week and hours of the day you want to continuously record, motion record or not record at all. Each camera can be scheduled with different settings.
Customize Your Camera Display
Watch an individual camera in full screen, 4 cameras in a quad screen, or an 8 channel split screen. Zoom mode allows you to enlarge a portion of the camera's view to get a closer look, and Sequence mode cycles through all camera views at preset interval times.
Search by Date, Time or Event
Finding your recorded footage is easy. Simply choose the desired date and time range, and the requested video clips will appear. Clips are also labeled by event, which makes it easy to find footage that was captured by motion detection.
Location Options with 60' of Wiring per Camera
The included 60' camera wiring gives you flexibility in the installation of your cameras and allows you to increase each camera's range. If you need additional 60' cable lengths, you can purchase the DF10W. The single wire also conveniently carries both the power and video signals, so you are only running one wire per camera. Maximum 180' cable length per camera is recommended.
- H.264 video compression lets you record over a month hours of footage and save valuable hard drive space
- Let the coaching iMenu teach you about the DVR's different settings and features
- View video online with no service fees from any computer in the world
- Compatible with BlackBerry®, Windows Mobile®, Symbian and iPhone® Smart Phones
- 24/7 lifetime live customer support is available through phone, email, and live web chat both before and after you buy
- 8 indoor/outdoor weatherproof cameras are equipped with night vision for around the clock monitoring
- Advanced motion activated recording lets you set individual cameras to detect motion while the others continuously record
- Password protection keeps your video footage secure
- Choose which hours of the day and days of the week you want to continuously record, motion record, or not record at all
- After power is interrupted, the DVR will continue recording automatically based on your recording schedule
- Customize your camera display with single and quad screen modes
- Find Your Video Footage Easily with Time, Date, and Event Search
- The included 60' camera wiring gives you flexibility in the installation of your cameras and allows you to increase each camera’s range
- DVR with 500GB HDD
- 8 Indoor/Outdoor Night Vision CCD Cameras
- IR Remote Control (batteries included)
- Power Adapter for DVR
- 2 Four-to-One Port Power Supply for Cameras
- 10' RJ-45 Ethernet Cable
- 8 x 60' 4 PIN DIN to RCA (male) Power Cables
- 10 RCA to BNC Connectors
- Mounting Hardware
- 4 Window Warning Stickers
- Quick Start Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Software CD