What Factors Should You Consider Before Purchasing a Crib?
All new cribs should meet the federal government mandated standards
- Consider cribs with simple and basic lines with no cutouts or scrollwork in the headboard or footboard
- Consider buying a new crib instead of an old one. Older cribs may not meet the current safety standards, and may have weakened hardware through constant hard use
- Check the space between the crib slats in the specification. The distance between the crib slats should not be more than two inches in width
- Ensure there are no sharp edges or protruding nuts and screws that could be a potential danger to your child
- Purchase a crib mattress along with the crib to ensure they’re a perfect match
- Once the crib is ready to be used, practice safe sleeping for your baby. Don’t smother your baby with blankets or comforters as he can get easily entangled in them.
Shop SamsClub.com to find the best crib for your nursery at an affordable price today.