What are the meanings behind different carnation colors?
- Pink carnations resemble a mother’s love.
- Light red carnations are symbolic of love.
- Dark red carnations are associated with deep love and affection.
- White carnations can be given as a sentiment of good luck.
- Purple carnations are associated with fun and capriciousness.
- Green carnations are often associated with St. Patrick’s Day.
Why are mini carnations so popular?
- Mini carnations feature the same great colors and fragrance of normal-sized carnations.
- Mini carnations are easy to grow in a garden.
- Mini carnations like shade so they can be grown on a patio, flower garden, or window box.
- Mini carnations grow well in rock gardens.
- Mini carnations are great for many occasions including weddings, birthdays, business events, or to dress your home.
- Mini carnations have a sweet smell that is very pleasing and relaxing.
- Mini carnations last a long time – even after they are cut.
Carnation Care Suggestions
- Carnations should be kept moist and need some exposure to full sun for a few hours per day.
- Over-watering your carnations will turn the foliage yellow.
- Spent flowers should be removed promptly to promote the blooming of the rest of the carnation.
- Plant foliage should not be exposed to the direct heat of the sun.
- Cuttings from the base usually make the best plants.