Black & Decker Edge Hog 2-In-1 Landscape Edger
- $ 110 88 110.88
About this itemYou'll get great results with this heavy-duty Edge Hog landscape edger.
You'll be thrilled with how quickly you can get to work, as assembly takes only a few minutes. This is an electric model, so you'll need an extension cord and an electric outlet handy, but you won't have to deal with gas or oil. And it's so quiet you can edge at any time of day--even early Saturday mornings--without worrying about waking up the neighbors. We found the Edge Hog has plenty of power in its 2-1/4-horsepower motor for both edging and trenching, and it's easy to switch from one to the other by simply raising or lowering the edge guide. The edger weighs only 12 pounds, which allows for easy transportation and great maneuverability around curved paths, but makes it more difficult to maintain a straight line when you're tackling a lawn that hasn't been edged in a while. If you're digging out quite a bit of dirt along with the edge you're creating, it takes some effort to keep the unit stable. Undoing a screw toward the front of the edger and raising or lowering its leading wheel easily adjusts the depth of the edge groove you're making along with your edge. The unit can also be adjusted to fit the height of the user more comfortably by changing the angle on the guide handle. The blade requires only a pull of the trigger to start instantly and, unlike many gas models, stops as soon as the trigger is released---an important safety feature.
- 11 amp high torque motor tackles
- Tough overgrowth creating a defined trench
- Exclusive Pull-up Edge Guide converts edger to landscape trencher
- 3-position blade depth adjustment provides control of cut
- Tool free assembly offers quick, no hassle setup
- Built-in cord retention secures extension cord
- Right or left handed assist handle
- Provides flexibility and leverage
- Edging along hard surfaces (driveways, sidewalks, patios, etc)
- In yard trenching (Around garden beds, trees, borders)
- Outdoor lighting/invisible dog fencing installation
- Amps - 11 amps
- Hardened steel blade - 7-1/2" "
- Depth Adjustment - 1" 1-1/4" 1-1/2"
- Weight - 12.4 lbs.
- Torque - 150 in-lbs.
- rpm - 4700 rpm
- Replacement Accessories - EB-007A