Augason Farms Emergency Food Storage Kit (30 day, 1 person)
- $ 198 98 198.98
- Free shipping
- Enter ZIP Code for shipping options
- Estimated arrival
- Free Pickup
About this item
- 1 person
- 543 total servings
- 2,073 average calories per day
- 1 carton –48 small cans
Large numbers of Americans all over the country are becoming more aware of their need of emergency food storage. Storing food for your family is one of the most prudent actions you will ever take to protect your loved ones. Many natural and man-made events can cause interruptions in the food supply chain: be prepared!
Augason Farms™ produces only high-quality products for your food storage and emergency planning needs. Our products are produced with the safety and health of your family in every recipe.
These are quality, long-term food storage products. Grains and rice have up to a 30-year shelf life (unopened); freeze-dried foods have up to a 25-year shelf life (unopened); dehydrated foods have up to a 15-year shelf life (unopened).
They are affordable and easy to prepare, with simple instructions on each can. Packaged for long-term storage, Augason Farms™ is a long-established manufacturer
- 48 smaller size cans
- 2,073 average calories per day
- Over 540 servings of product
- Large variety of different foods
- More usable quantities
- Less product to use after opening
- Takes up less space in the pantry
- Easier to rotate as food storage
- New, easy-to-open, pop-off lids
- No MSG added
- 1 can Vegetarian Meat Substitute Beef (flavored)
- 1 can Vegetarian Meat Substitute Bacon Bits (flavored)
- 1 can Vegetarian Meat Substitute Chicken (flavored)
- 1 can Dried Whole Eggs
- 2 cans Dehydrated Potato Gems
- 2 cans Dehydrated Potato Dices
- 1 can Dehydrated Chopped Onions
- 2 cans Freeze-Dried Sweet Corn
- 2 cans Freeze-Dried Broccoli Florets & Stems
- 4 Honey Coated Banana Slices
- 1 Freeze-Dried Sliced Strawberries
- 2 cans Cheesy Broccoli Soup Mix
- 3 cans Creamy Potato Soup Mix
- 3 cans Chicken Noodle Soup Mix
- 3 cans Southwest Chili Mix
- 2 cans Orange Delight Drink Mix
- 2 cans Chocolate Morning Moo's Milk Alternative
- 2 cans Country Fresh 100% Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
- 4 cans Long Grain White Rice
- 6 cans Creamy Wheat Cereal
- 3 cans Buttermilk Pancake Mix
of food storage products. Use for camping, everyday and food storage!
Frequently Asked Questions for Augason Farms Food Storage Products:
Q: How do I compare “servings per can or pail” to product weight and calories?
A: The truth is you cannot. Our serving sizes and number of servings per can are set with respect to government guidelines on food nutrition and recipe requirements for each product. You will find some recipe creations may require multiple servings of specific products to create the recipe. When reviewing food storage kits, a good comparison is based upon number of persons, calories per day, length of time and calculating the total number of meals possible. For example: 1-Person, 1-Year (3 meals per day, 365 days = 1,095 total meals), 1,700 calories per day. Your decision should be based upon average calories per day per person and not the total serving count.
Q: Once I open the product, how long do I have to use the product?
A: Shelf life varies by product and is affected by temperature and moisture. Once the can/pail is opened, the storage life for most products is approximately one year
- Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits & Vegetables: 30 years
- Grains: 30 years (Exception – Brown Rice: 7 years)
- Bakery Staples: 30 years (Exception – Shortening Powder, Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Enhancer: 10 years)
- Dehydrated Fruits & Vegetables: 25 years (Exception – Banana Slices, Potato Gems: 10 years)
- Freeze Dried Meats & Entrées: 25 years sealed - 1 month opened
- Delight Drinks: 15 years
- Vegetarian Meat Substitutes, Cereals, Bakery Mixes, Eggs & Dairy: 10 years (Exception – Morning Moo’s: 25 years, Chocolate Morning Moo’s: 15 years)
- Soups & Sauces: 10 years (Exception – Vegetable Stew Blend, Hearty Vegetable Chicken or Beef Soup Mix: 25 years)
Q: How will my product be shipped?
A: Most items are shipped by small parcel carriers like FedEx. The larger kits will arrive in multiple boxes from a single carrier.
Q: What do the numbers mean that are marked on my Food Storage Kit Boxes?
A: To facilitate fulfillment of your order, all kit boxes are pre-assembled with specific products, then pulled from inventory to assemble your order. Numbers on the boxes may not be in sequential order. Pail items will be shipped in separate cases.
Q: Why when I open the cans/pails, are some only partially filled?
A: With some products, settling occurs and is expected. Cans/pails are sold by weight and not by volume for that reason.
Q: Where should I store my product?
A: Product is best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55˚F and 70˚F (ideal humidity 15%). Heat shortens the storage life of any food – the cooler the storage, the longer the storage life. Once product is open, please ensure the lid is secure when storing and use within the guidelines.
Q: If a can gets dented, does it affect the quality of the product?
A: Small dents may occur in cans from shipping, and this is normal. They do not pose a problem, provided the seal has not been broken at top or bottom of the can. If the seal has been broken at the top or bottom of the can, please contact Sam’s Club Customer Service to resolve the issue: 1.888.746.7726.
Dents should not occur from shipping in pails. You may however, see indentations in the pail from air pressure changes in shipping. This will not harm the product inside and should straighten out over a short period of time.
Q: Are the cans/pails marked with "use by" dates?
A: Cans/pails are marked with a production date called a Julian date. For example, 15022 means the can was produced in 2015 on the 22nd day (January 22). Each can is also marked with the expected storage life.