Augason Farms Emergency Food Storage Kit (3 months, 2 people)
- $ 699 00 699.00
- Price includes shipping
- Enter ZIP Code for shipping options
- Estimated arrival
- Free Pickup
An ideal solution for long-term preparedness, this kit offers two people healthy, diverse meals—most with an awesome 25-year shelf life.
About this item
- 3 month food supply
- 2 person
- 2,432 total servings
- 1,331 average calories per day
- 54 #10 sized cans
For those taking their first serious steps into food storage, this kit features the basics, such as wheat, rice, macaroni and cornmeal—staples for any long term storage plan—to get started. But it also includes a variety of items useful in everyday, healthy meal preparation such as vegetables and fruits; tasty vegetarian beef, bacon and chicken substitutes; dairy and dairy substitutes; a variety of tasty, nourishing beans and even a chocolate fudge brownie mix.
With more than 40 years of experience providing the highest quality products, Augason Farms is the place to turn for all of your food storage and emergency preparedness needs. Healthy and great-tasting products have been their hallmark for generations. When you choose Augason Farms, you are not only selecting food you can count on, you are getting delicious peace of mind.
- Emergency food storage, camping or everyday use
- Quality long-term food storage products
- Variety of recipes
- No refrigeration needed
- Easy to prepare
- Long-established manufacturer
- Packaged for long-term storage
- 26 different products make up this kit
- Over 2360 servings combine to create 540 meals
- Enough for 2 people for 3 months
- Sealed #10 cans containing oxygen absorbers is the most effective long-term method of controlling the deteriorating effects of oxygen
The kit contains 54 #10 (institutional size) cans:
- 2 Long Grain White Rice (47 servings per can)
- 6 Hard White Wheat (51 servings per can)
- 2 Elbow Macaroni (26 servings per can)
- 2 Blueberry Pancake Mix (19 servings per can) 2 Honey White Wheat Bread Mix (49 servings per can)
- 4 Dehydrated Potato Dices (20 servings per can)
- 2 Freeze Dried Sweet Corn (23 servings per can)
- 2 Freeze Dried Broccoli Florets & Stems (28 servings per can)
- 3 Dehydrated Spinach Flakes (45 servings per can)
- 3 Dehydrated Carrot Dices (29 servings per can)
- 1 Dehydrated Diced Red & Green Bell Peppers (113 servings per can)
- 2 Potato Gems (45 servings per can)
- 3 Honey Coated Banana Slices (21 servings per can)
- 3 Country Fresh 100% Instant Nonfat Dry Milk (39 servings per can)
- 2 Chocolate Morning Moo’s® Low Fat Milk Alternative (57 servings per can)
- 2 Vegetarian Meat Substitute Bacon (flavored) (192 servings per can)
- 2 Vegetarian Meat Substitute Beef (flavored) (40 servings per can)
- 2 Vegetarian Meat Substitute Chicken (flavored) (41 servings per can)
- 2 Vegetarian Meat Substitute Taco (flavored) (30 servings per can)
- 1 Pinto Beans (52 servings per can)
- 1 Lentils (48 servings per can)
- 3 Black Turtle Beans (49 servings per can)
- 2 Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (45 servings per can)
Frequently Asked Questions for Augason Farms Food Storage Products:
Q: How do I compare “servings per can or pail” to product weight and calories?
A: The truth is you cannot. Our serving sizes and number of servings per can are set with respect to government guidelines on food nutrition and recipe requirements for each product. You will find some recipe creations may require multiple servings of specific products to create the recipe. When reviewing food storage kits, a good comparison is based upon number of persons, calories per day, length of time and calculating the total number of meals possible. For example: 1-Person, 1-Year (3 meals per day, 365 days = 1,095 total meals), 1,700 calories per day. Your decision should be based upon average calories per day per person and not the total serving count.
Q: Once I open the product, how long do I have to use the product?
A: Shelf life varies by product and is affected by temperature and moisture. Once the can/pail is opened, the storage life for most products is approximately one year
- Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits & Vegetables: 30 years
- Grains: 30 years (Exception – Brown Rice: 7 years)
- Bakery Staples: 30 years (Exception – Shortening Powder, Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Enhancer: 10 years)
- Dehydrated Fruits & Vegetables: 25 years (Exception – Banana Slices, Potato Gems: 10 years)
- Freeze Dried Meats & Entrées: 25 years sealed - 1 month opened
- Delight Drinks: 15 years
- Vegetarian Meat Substitutes, Cereals, Bakery Mixes, Eggs & Dairy: 10 years (Exception – Morning Moo’s: 25 years, Chocolate Morning Moo’s: 15 years)
- Soups & Sauces: 10 years (Exception – Vegetable Stew Blend, Hearty Vegetable Chicken or Beef Soup Mix: 25 years)
Q: How will my product be shipped?
A: Most items are shipped by small parcel carriers like FedEx. The larger kits will arrive in multiple boxes from a single carrier.
Q: What do the numbers mean that are marked on my Food Storage Kit Boxes?
A: To facilitate fulfillment of your order, all kit boxes are pre-assembled with specific products, then pulled from inventory to assemble your order. Numbers on the boxes may not be in sequential order. Pail items will be shipped in separate cases.
Q: Why when I open the cans/pails, are some only partially filled?
A: With some products, settling occurs and is expected. Cans/pails are sold by weight and not by volume for that reason.
Q: Where should I store my product?
A: Product is best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55˚F and 70˚F (ideal humidity 15%). Heat shortens the storage life of any food – the cooler the storage, the longer the storage life. Once product is open, please ensure the lid is secure when storing and use within the guidelines.
Q: If a can gets dented, does it affect the quality of the product?
A: Small dents may occur in cans from shipping, and this is normal. They do not pose a problem, provided the seal has not been broken at top or bottom of the can. If the seal has been broken at the top or bottom of the can, please contact Sam’s Club Customer Service to resolve the issue: 1.888.746.7726.
Dents should not occur from shipping in pails. You may however, see indentations in the pail from air pressure changes in shipping. This will not harm the product inside and should straighten out over a short period of time.
Q: Are the cans/pails marked with "use by" dates?
A: Cans/pails are marked with a production date called a Julian date. For example, 15022 means the can was produced in 2015 on the 22nd day (January 22). Each can is also marked with the expected storage life.
Looking for the right kit? Compare the contents of Augason Assortment Kits. (PDF)