Augason Farms Emergency Food Kit in Pails - 1 year - 1 person
- $ 1,299 00 1299.00
- Free shipping
About this item
- 1 Year Food Supply
- 1 Person
- 6,119 Total Servings
- 2,147 Average Calories per day
- 18 Pails
Click here to view a video preview of this product.
Augason Farms has put together a unique Emergency Food Kit in Pails designed for the person who already has some food storage items and would like to add to the supply, or for the beginner who would just like the basics in easy-to-store 6 gallon pails. We have put together the basic items for your needs based upon our years of experience in the food storage market.
This pail kit is exclusively put together for the basics.
- 1 year of food for 1 person
- 6 months of food for 2 people
- 3 months of food for a family of 4
Over 6,000 servings combine to make 1,095 complete meals for one person.
With more than 40 years of experience providing the highest quality products, Augason Farms is the place to turn for all of your food storage and emergency preparedness needs. Healthy and great-tasting products have been their hallmark for generations. When you choose Augason Farms, you are not only selecting food you can count on, you are getting delicious peace of mind.
Looking for the right kit for you? Compare Augason Farms Kits.(PDF)
- Designed for an average of 2,147 calories per day
- Over 6,000 servings
- Up to a 30 year shelf life unopened
- Small storage footprint: 53” x 38” x 25”
- Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner items
- Fruits, vegetables, dairy and protein
- 365 days, 3 meals a day, 1,095 meals
- Low cost per meal
- No refrigeration after opening
- Lids are re-sealable
What’s included in the pail kit:
- 1 Pail of Morning Moo’s Low Fat Milk Alternative - 37 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Morning Moo’s Low Fat Chocolate Milk Alternative- 37 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Whole Eggs - 18 lbs.
- 2 Pails of Buttermilk Pancake Mix - 31 lbs. ea.
- 1 Pail of Quick Rolled Oats- 23 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Hard White Wheat - 45 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Long Grain Wild Rice - 44 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Pinto Beans - 41 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Potato Slices - 10 lbs.
- 2 Pails of Banana Slices - 14 lbs. ea.
- 1 Pail of Apple Slices - 9 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Vegetable Stew Blend - 23 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Freeze Dried Corn & Peas - 10 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Dehydrated Celery & Carrots - 14 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Vegetarian Meat Substitute Beef - 22 lbs.
- 1 Pail of Vegetarian Meat Substitute Chicken - 22 lbs.
Sealed pails containing oxygen absorbers is the most effective long-term method of controlling the deteriorating effects of oxygen
Frequently Asked Questions for Augason Farms Food Storage Products:
Q: How will my product be shipped?
A: Most items are shipped by small parcel carriers like FedEx or UPS. The larger kits will arrive in multiple boxes from a single carrier.
Q: What do the numbers mean that are marked on my Food Storage Kit Boxes?
A: To facilitate fulfillment of your order, all kit boxes are pre-assembled with specific products, then pulled from inventory to assemble your order. Numbers on the boxes may not be in sequential order. Please refer to the link above for a PDF file that describes what should be arriving in each of the kit boxes. Pail items will be shipped in separate cases.
Q: Why when I open the cans/pails, are some only partially filled?
A: With some products, settling occurs and is expected. Cans/pails are sold by weight and not by volume for that reason.
Q: Once I open the product, how long do I have to use the product?
A: Shelf life varies by product and is affected by temperature and moisture. Once the can/pail is opened, the storage life for most products is approximately one year.
- Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits & Vegetables, Grains: 30 years (Exception – Brown Rice: 7 years)
- Bakery Staples: 30 years (Exception – Ultimate Gel, Shortening Powder, Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Enhancer: 10 years)
- Dehydrated Fruits & Vegetables: 25 years (Exception – Banana Slices, Potato Gems: 10 years)
- Freeze Dried Meats & Entrées: 25 years sealed - 1 month opened
- Delight Drinks: 15 years
- Vegetarian Meat Substitutes, Cocoas, Cereals, Bakery Mixes, Eggs & Dairy: 10 years (Exception – Morning Moo’s: 25 years, Chocolate Morning Moo’s: 15 years)
- Soups & Sauces: 10 years (Exception – Alphabet Soup Mix, Vegetable Stew Blend, Hearty Vegetable Chicken or Beef Soup Mix: 25 years)
Q: Where should I store my product?
A: Product is best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55˚F and 70˚F (ideal humidity 15%). Once product is open, please ensure the lid is secure when storing and use within the guidelines.
Q: Does heat or cold affect the shelf life of the product?
A: Heat shortens the storage life of any food – the cooler the storage, the longer the storage life.
Q: How do I compare “servings per can/pail” to product weight?
A: The truth is you cannot. Our serving sizes and number of servings per can/pail are set with respect to government guidelines on food nutrition and recipe requirements for each product. You will find some recipe creations may require multiple servings of specific products to create the recipe. When reviewing food storage kits, a good comparison is based upon number of persons, calories per day, length of time and calculating the total number of meals possible. For example: 1 person, 1 year (3 meals per day, 365 days = 1,095 total meals), 1,700 calories per day.
Q: If a can gets dented, does it affect the quality of the product?
A: Small dents may occur from shipping, and this is normal. They do not pose a problem, provided the seal has not been broken at top or bottom of the can. If the seal has been broken at the top or bottom of the can, please contact Sam’s Club Customer Service to resolve the issue: 1.888.746.7726. Dents should not occur during shipping with the pails.
Q: Are the cans/pails marked with "use by" dates?
A: Cans/pails are marked with a production date called a Julian date. For example, 12022 means the can/pail was produced in 2012 on the 22nd day (January 22). Each can/pail is also marked with the expected storage life.
Ships in 18 cases - 12.5" x 12.5" x 17.5"
Member reviews & questions
Ask & Answer
Policies & plans
Standard - 3 to 8 business days
This product is covered by the Sam's Club Member Satisfaction Guarantee.