Augason Farms Dehydrated Apple Slices (9 lb. pail)
- $ 117 98 117.98
- Price includes shipping
- Enter ZIP Code for shipping options
- Estimated arrival
About this item
- Great for everyday use and emergency food storage
- 240 servings
- Up to a 25 year shelf life*
Augason Farms Dehydrated Apple Slices are perfect snacks for hikes and game days. They're made from 100% fruit and non-GMO ingredients. Rehydrate them and make a cobbler, or crush them up with cinnamon and add to Augason Farms Rolled Oats or Creamy Wheat Cereal for an effortless breakfast.
Family owned and operated for 40 years, you can trust Augason Farms' proven shelf life, because you're purchasing from a company that has outlived its guarantees and then some. Augason Farms prepares their products with the highest quality ingredients. Their families have enjoyed these tried-and-true recipes from day one and they invite you to share them with yours. When you choose Augason Farms you are not only receiving food you can count on, you're getting delicious peace of mind.
View nutrition information here. (PDF)
- No refrigeration needed
- Just add water or eat them straight out of the pail for a great snack
- Unsweetened apple slices are a solid source of natural sugars
- Great for a snack or in your favorite pie
- Durable airtight pail keeps food fresh and water out in case of flooding
- Oxygen absorbers and resealable pail ensure maximum shelf life
- Convenient carrying handle
- Resealable lid
Augason Farms products contain oxygen absorbers to help maintain product safety, freshness, and extend shelf life by removing excess oxygen from the package.
Best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55°F and 70°F (ideal humidity of 15%).
Frequently Asked Questions for Augason Farms Food Storage Products:
Q: How do I compare “servings per can or pail” to product weight and calories?
A: The truth is you cannot. Our serving sizes and number of servings per can are set with respect to government guidelines on food nutrition and recipe requirements for each product. You will find some recipe creations may require multiple servings of specific products to create the recipe. When reviewing food storage kits, a good comparison is based upon number of persons, calories per day, length of time and calculating the total number of meals possible. For example: 1-Person, 1-Year (3 meals per day, 365 days = 1,095 total meals), 1,700 calories per day. Your decision should be based upon average calories per day per person and not the total serving count.
Q: Once I open the product, how long do I have to use the product?
A: Shelf life varies by product and is affected by temperature and moisture. Once the can/pail is opened, the storage life for most products is approximately one year.
• Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits & Vegetables: 30 years
• Grains: 30 years (Exception – Brown Rice: 7 years)
• Bakery Staples: 30 years (Exception – Shortening Powder, Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Enhancer: 10 years)
• Dehydrated Fruits & Vegetables: 25 years (Exception – Banana Slices, Potato Gems: 10 years)
• Freeze Dried Meats & Entrées: 25 years sealed - 1 month opened
• Delight Drinks: 15 years
• Vegetarian Meat Substitutes, Cereals, Bakery Mixes, Eggs & Dairy: 10 years (Exception – Morning Moo’s: 25 years, Chocolate Morning Moo’s: 15 years)
• Soups & Sauces: 10 years (Exception – Vegetable Stew Blend, Hearty Vegetable Chicken or Beef Soup Mix: 25 years)
Q: How will my product be shipped?
A: Most items are shipped by small parcel carriers like FedEx. The larger kits will arrive in multiple boxes from a single carrier.
Q: What do the numbers mean that are marked on my Food Storage Kit Boxes?
A: To facilitate fulfillment of your order, all kit boxes are pre-assembled with specific products, then pulled from inventory to assemble your order. Numbers on the boxes may not be in sequential order. Pail items will be shipped in separate cases.
Q: Why when I open the cans/pails, are some only partially filled?
A: With some products, settling occurs and is expected. Cans/pails are sold by weight and not by volume for that reason.
Q: Where should I store my product?
A: Product is best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55ÚF and 70ÚF (ideal humidity 15%). Heat shortens the storage life of any food – the cooler the storage, the longer the storage life. Once product is open, please ensure the lid is secure when storing and use within the guidelines.
Q: If a can gets dented, does it affect the quality of the product?
A: Small dents may occur in cans from shipping, and this is normal. They do not pose a problem, provided the seal has not been broken at top or bottom of the can. If the seal has been broken at the top or bottom of the can, please contact Sam’s Club Customer Service to resolve the issue: 1.888.746.7726.
Dents should not occur from shipping in pails. You may however, see indentations in the pail from air pressure changes in shipping. This will not harm the product inside and should straighten out over a short period of time.
Q: Are the cans/pails marked with "use by" dates?
A: Cans/pails are marked with a production date called a Julian date. For example, 15022 means the can was produced in 2015 on the 22nd day (January 22). Each can is also marked with the expected storage life.
12.5 x 12.5 x 17.5