Augason Farms Emergency Food & Water Storage Family Kit (1 year, 5 people)
- $ 5,999 00 5999.00
- Price includes shipping
- Enter ZIP Code for shipping options
- Estimated arrival
About this item
- Enough for 2 adults and 3 children
- 28,947 total servings
- 498 - #10 sized cans
- 1 - 12 day emergency pail
- 4 - 55 gallon water storage barrels
Augason Farms has made it very easy for you to protect your entire family. We have taken the basics and the favorites from our emergency food storage kits and put them together with enough calories and servings to feed a family of 2 adults and 3 children for one full year. Everything you will need to create great-tasting meals for your family either in an emergency situation or using the product everyday.
The Family Kit with 76 different items ensures a broad selection of foods to choose from. With a shelf life of up to 30 years, it is ideal for long-term storage with plentiful amounts of our finest items for breakfasts, main dishes, desserts, entrées, bakery items and even snacks—enough to feed your family of 5 for one year. These products are so good and easy to prepare – you will want to break into your supply and use them everyday.
Plus we are including a 72-hour Emergency Grab n Go Food Storage Pail with your kit. This is the perfect size to keep in your car, truck or RV, just in case.
Having plenty of water is a necessity in any emergency situation. Not only do you need water to drink, and for sanitary purposes, but you will also need water to re-hydrate and cook your meals. In the Family Kit we have included 4 of the 55-gallon Water Storage Kits. The 55-gallon water barrel is a durable container designed for closed water storage. The siphon hose is easy to use and will transfer up to five gallons of liquid per minute. The included Aquamira liquid water treatment drops are ideal for water storage treatment (up to 30 gallons each), and are effective on bacteria, viruses and cysts. No unpleasant aftertaste and meets stringent EPA guidelines.
Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Augason Farms has refined our recipes and sourced the finest ingredients to create the highest quality, long-term freeze dried meal solutions in the business. While most emergency food companies contract their production and packaging to outside manufacturers, we produce and package all of our food items from beginning to end. Giving you Peace of Mind, and our promise of the best quality and value you can purchase.
When buying any emergency food kit always consider the length of time the kit will feed the number of people being served and most importantly, the average number of calories the kit provides each person in a day. Be wise, the number of servings is important, but not all servings are the same size. Be ready, calories will sustain you and your family, not the number of servings. Augason Farms makes emergency preparedness simple.
Augason Farms Emergency Food & Water Storage Family Kit (1 year, 5 people)
- 28,947 total servings
- over 2,500,000 total calories
- 2 adults, 3 children
- 1 year
- Average calories per day 1,800 – adult, 1,125 – child
How to compare emergency kits for your family and budget
Easily compare cost per serving: divide selling price by total number of servings.
Easily compare cost per calorie: divide selling price by total number of calories.
Augason Farms Family Emergency Food Storage Kit
- Over 2.5 million total calories
- Over 28,900 servings create 5,475 meals for your family
- A shelf life of up to 30 years*
- Recipes on each label
- Quick and easy to prepare
- No refrigeration needed**
- Re-sealable plastic lid on each can
- Quality long-term food storage products
- Great for everyday use
The Augason Farms Family Emergency Food & Water Storage Kit (1 Year, 5 People) provides complete food nutrition for a full year. The kit consists of 497 institutional size (#10) cans, which include:
Grains, Oats, Rice
- 36 Hard White Wheat (51 servings per can)
- 7 Creamy Wheat Cereal (36 servings per can)
- 70 Long Grain White Rice (47 servings per can)
- 10 Elbow Macaroni (26 servings per can)
- 62 Quick Rolled Oats (22 servings per can)
- 1 Super Nutty Granola Mix (23 servings per can)
Soups and Gravy
- 5 Creamy Potato Soup Mix (33 servings per can)
- 3 Vegetable Stew Blend (40 servings per can)
- 2 Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup Mix (21 servings per can)
- 2 Hearty Vegetable Chicken Soup Mix (21 servings per can)
- 2 Southwest Chili Mix (34 servings per can)
- 2 Cream of Chicken Soup Mix (32 servings per can)
- 2 Cheesy Broccoli Soup Mix (33 servings per can)
- 3 Chicken Bouillon (921 servings per can)
- 3 Chicken Gravy (38 servings per can)
- 6 Dehydrated Potato Flakes (30 servings per can)
- 4 Dehydrated Potato Shreds (21 servings per can)
- 2 Dehydrated Potato Gems (45 servings per can)
- 3 Dehydrated Potato Slices (28 servings per can)
- 6 Dehydrated Potato Dices (20 servings per can)
- 6 Freeze-Dried Sweet Corn (23 servings per can)
- 3 Freeze-Dried Peas (19 servings per can)
- 2 Dehydrated Chopped Onions (217 servings per can)
- 3 Freeze Dried Broccoli Florets & Stems (28 servings per can)
- 3 Dehydrated Diced Carrots (29 servings per can)
- 3 Dehydrated Cross Cut Celery (36 servings per can)
- 1 Dehydrated Spinach Flakes (45 serving per can)
- 2 Dehydrated Diced Red abd Green Bell Peppers (113 servings per can)
- 6 Pinto Beans (52 servings per can)
- 2 Lentils (48 servings per can)
- 8 Black Turtle Beans (49 servings per can)
- 24 Honey Coated Banana Slices (21 servings per can)
- 4 Freeze-Dried Sliced Strawberries (18 servings per can)
- 4 Freeze-Dried Whole Raspberries (22 servings per can)
- 2 Dehydrated Apple Slices (32 servings per can)
- 4 Honey Wheat Bread and Roll Mix (49 servings per can)
- 6 Honey White Bread and Roll Mix (49 servings per can)
- 2 Honey Cornbread Mix (42 servings per can)
- 1 Buttermilk Biscuit Mix (no leavening) (31 servings per can)
- 7 Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (45 servings per can)
- 8 Blueberry Muffin Mix (40 servings per can)
- 2 Almond Poppy Seed Muffin Mix (42 servings per can)
- 1 Western Scone Mix (44 servings per can)
- 3 Buttermilk Pancake Mix (21 servings per can)
- 9 Blueberry Pancake Mix (19 servings per can)
- 1 Brown Sugar (529 servings per can)
- 2 White Granulated Sugar (595 servings per can)
- 2 Honey Powder (340 servings per can)
- 2 Shortening Powder (178 servings per can)
- 1 Buttermilk Powder (20 servings per can)
- 2 Cheese Blend Powder (43 servings per can)
- 1 Iodized Salt (1,474 servings per can)
- 14 Country Fresh 100% Real Instant Nonfat Dry Milk (39 servings per can)
- 26 Morning Moo's® Low Fat Milk Alternative (93 servings per can)
- 8 Chocolate Morning Moo's® Low Fat Milk Alternative (57 servings per can)
- 2 Cheese Blend Powder (43 servings per can)
- 12 Dried Whole Eggs (71 servings per can)
- 2 Scrambled Egg Mix (92 servings per can)
- 10 Beef-Flavored Vegetarian Meat Substitute (40 servings per can)
- 9 Bacon-Flavored Bits Vegetarian Meat Substitute (192 servings per can)
- 9 Chicken-Flavored Vegetarian Meat Substitute (41 servings per can)
- 5 - Taco-Flavored Vegetarian Meat Substitute (30 servings per can)
- 7 Apple Delight Drink Mix (103 servings per can)
- 5 Orange Delight Drink Mix (99 servings per can)
- 6 Spaghetti Marinara with Freeze-Dried Beef Entrée (20 servings per can)
- 6 Freeze-Dried Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Entrée (14 servings per can)
- 6 Asian-Style Teriyaki with Freeze-Dried Beef Entrée (20 servings per can)
- 6 Freeze-Dried Beef Stroganoff Entrée (14 servings per can)
- 6 Chili Macaroni with Freeze-Dried Beef Entrée (24 servings per can)
Water Barrel Storage Systems
- (4) 55 gal. Water barrel made from food-grade polyethylene and does not contain BPA (bisphenol A)
- (4) 6' siphon hose and hand pump
- 8 bottles of Aquamira water treatment drops (4-year shelf life)
- 4 bucket/barrel lid opener
- Each barrel has two fittings: (1) 2" BTR and (1) 2" NPS
Augason Farms® 72 Hour Grab n Go Pail includes:
- Food for 1 Person for 12 days, 4 people for 3 days
- 12 Breakfasts, 12 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- 203 servings of product combine to make 36 delicious meals
- Average of 2,063 calories per day
- Shelf life of up to 20 years* unopened
- No hydrogenated oils, trans fats or added MSG
- Reusable 4-gallon pail with handle — weighs less than 14 lbs.
- Self-filtering 22 oz. water bottle with microbiological filter
- FireOn fire-starting disk
Food Items Included in the Pail (additional 203 servings)
- Cheesy Broccoli with Rice (18 servings)
- Vegetable Stew Blend (24 servings)
- Creamy Potato Soup (18 servings)
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (20 servings)
- Instant White Rice (27 servings)
- Vegetarian Meat Substitute Beef (flavored) (18 servings)
- Hearty Vegetable Chicken Soup (18 servings)
- Morning Moo’s ® Low Fat Milk Alternative (60 servings)
Self-filtering Water Bottle: With Microbiological Filter is the safe and convenient way to drink clear clean tasting water anywhere is the Aquamira® Water Bottle and Filter system. The Aquamira® Water Bottle and Filter system includes a high-quality 22-oz. (650-ml) Nalgene® Sport Bottle with a sturdy push/pull valve system and polycarbonate flip cap to keep the drinking valve clean. A single filter treats up to 582 refills (100 gallons), and the bottle fits in most bicycle water bottle cages and backpack pockets. The Aquamira® Microbiological Filter is a special thick-walled “porous plastic” filter designed to provide greater effectiveness than common thin-walled fiber filters. Tiny intricate pathways in the filter trap >99.9% of harmful Giardia, Cryptosporidium and other pathogens. Activated carbon reduces waterborne chemicals and improves water taste. Miraguard™ Antimicrobial technology suppresses the growth of bacteria, algae, fungus, mold and mildew within the filter media. Miraguard™ does not protect users against food borne or disease causing bacteria, viruses, germs or other disease causing organisms. This lightweight easy-to-use system is ideal for wilderness or adventure travel, daily use at home or work, camping, bicycling, emergency kits and more. It is easy for you and your family to have a continuous supply of safe drinking water.
FireOn Emergency Fuel-Heat Source-Fire Starter: Easy to use as a fire starter or a sole heat source. Effortlessly started with a match, the intact disk will burn for up to 30 minutes. Since most meals require only about 15 minutes cooking time on a small, portable camp stove, FireOn can be extinguished and re-lit or broken in half for dual use. Add to any fuel source to start your fire.
Sealed cans and pails, either containing oxygen absorbers or nitrogen flushed, are the most effective long-term method of controlling the deteriorating effects of light, moisture and oxygen on the contents.
*Sealed/Opened to 1 year. Best when stored in a cool dry place at temperatures between 55˚F and 70˚F (ideal humidity 15%).
**Special Entrees must be refrigerated after opening and will have a one month shelf life.
Most Augason Farms items may ship to you in multiple deliveries from the freight carrier.
Storage Needs for the Family Kit
- Food consists of 83 cases of (6) #10 cans in each = 84 cubic feet of space
- #10 can cases are 18.5" x 12.5" x 7.5"
- 72-hour pail is 1 pail in a case = 11" x 11" x 14"
- Water barrels are 24" in diameter and 34" high
Nutrition information (PDF)
Looking for the right kit? Compare the contents of Augason Assortment Kits. (PDF)
FAQs for Augason Farms Food Storage Products
Q: How do I compare “servings per can or pail” to product weight and calories?
A: The truth is you cannot. Serving sizes and number of servings per can are set with respect to government guidelines on food nutrition and recipe requirements for each product. You will find some recipe creations may require multiple servings of specific products to create the recipe. When reviewing food storage kits, a good comparison is based upon number of persons, calories per day, length of time and calculating the total number of meals possible. For example: 1-Person, 1-Year (3 meals per day, 365 days = 1,095 total meals), 1,700 calories per day. Your decision should be based upon average calories per day per person and not the total serving count.
Q: Once I open the product, how long do I have to use the product?
A: Shelf life varies by product and is affected by temperature and moisture. Once the can/pail is opened, the storage life for most products is approximately one year.
Beans, Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables: 30 years
Grains: 30 years (Exception – Brown Rice: 7 years)
Bakery Staples: 30 years (Exception – Shortening Powder, Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten, Dough Enhancer: 10 years)
Dehydrated Fruits and Vegetables: 25 years (Exception – Banana Slices, Potato Gems: 10 years)
Freeze Dried Meats and Entrées: 25 years sealed - 1 month opened
Delight Drinks: 15 years
Vegetarian Meat Substitutes, Cereals, Bakery Mixes, Eggs and Dairy: 10 years (Exception –
Morning Moo’s: 25 years, Chocolate Morning Moo’s: 15 years)
Soups and Sauces: 10 years (Exception – Vegetable Stew Blend, Hearty Vegetable Chicken or Beef Soup Mix: 25 years)
Q: How will my product be shipped?
A: Most items are shipped by small parcel carriers like FedEx. The larger kits will arrive in multiple boxes from a single carrier.
Q: What do the numbers mean that are marked on my Food Storage Kit Boxes?
A: To facilitate fulfillment of your order, all kit boxes are pre-assembled with specific products, then pulled from inventory to assemble your order. Numbers on the boxes may not be in sequential order. Pail items will be shipped in separate cases.
Q: Why when I open the cans/pails, are some only partially filled?
A: With some products, settling occurs and is expected. Cans/pails are sold by weight and not by volume for that reason.
Q: Where should I store my product?
A: Product is best when stored in a cool, dry place at temperatures between 55˚F and 70˚F (ideal humidity 15%). Heat shortens the storage life of any food – the cooler the storage, the longer the storage life. Once product is open, please ensure the lid is secure when storing and use within the guidelines.
Q: If a can gets dented, does it affect the quality of the product?
A: SMALL DENTS MAY OCCUR IN CANS FROM SHIPPING, AND THIS IS NORMAL. THEY DO NOT POSE A PROBLEM, PROVIDED THE SEAL HAS NOT BEEN BROKEN AT TOP OR BOTTOM OF THE CAN. IF THE SEAL HAS BEEN BROKEN AT THE TOP OR BOTTOM OF THE CAN, PLEASE CONTACT SAM’S CLUB CUSTOMER SERVICE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE: 1-888-746-7726.
Dents should not occur from shipping in pails. You may however, see indentations in the pail from air pressure changes in shipping. This will not harm the product inside and should straighten out over a short period of time.
Q: Are the cans/pails marked with "use by" dates?
A: Cans/pails are marked with a production date called a Julian date. For example, 16022 means the can was produced in 2016 on the 22nd day (January 22). Each can is also marked with the expected storage life.